Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tax Exemption

Rate this question

windy city

Question

Just got a letter from senator Jeff Wentworth about the exemtion of property taxes and he stated in his letter that the bill if passed will cover those at 100% and those recieving 100% due to unemploybility I think it great but the way the economy is going this bill is not even going to get from here to the corner. Great time they picked for this bill.

• Answers 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Here in Montana my husband and I pay $112.00 a year on our approximately 60 year old home because my husband has a disabled veteran property tax exemption as a totally disabled veteran. More information on this property tax exemption by receiving Montana law in the Montana Code Annotated. Montana also has no sales tax. We are a very cold state though. If you ever decide to move here Sanders County Montana where we live is considered one of the warmest parts and is in the so called banana belt of the state where it only reaches -20 degrees a few days of the year. Right now our county also has the highest unemployment in Montana at over 17%. Luckily, this county also has a widow's property tax exemption for survivors of totally disabled veterans who meet certain criterion found in state law.

• HadIt.com Elder
Just got a letter from senator Jeff Wentworth about the exemtion of property taxes and he stated in his letter that the bill if passed will cover those at 100% and those recieving 100% due to unemploybility I think it great but the way the economy is going this bill is not even going to get from here to the corner. Great time they picked for this bill.

I checked online. Senator Jeff Wentworth is a state senator in the state of Texas.

• HadIt.com Elder

Delta:

Always nice to see you post. I don't understand why a Veteran who is Service Connected stays in the big cities. If you have income and don't need to go to a job the Country is the answer. At least I have a taste of Country living as my wife inherited half interest in a small place in East Texas.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

Delta:

Always nice to see you post. I don't understand why a Veteran who is Service Connected stays in the big cities. If you have income and don't need to go to a job the Country is the answer. At least I have a taste of Country living as my wife inherited half interest in a small place in East Texas.

Is nice to hear all these veterans get that tax exemption in there states. To bad that the state of texas is one of the richest states and they are so cheap when it comes to given veterans a tax break on there property. I am not going to get my hopes high on this bill that is in the legislation regarding tax exemption for 100% veterans. Some of these these cheap BAS***** on the legislation will find a way to make sure we do not get it

Do you have a link to that bill? Moving to Texas in July 2009

• HadIt.com Elder

I love South Carolina 100% vets get 2 cars fee free plate is permanent never has to to renewed property taxes on home and 1 acre is 0, no pay parking meters with the disabled vet plate, kids get free college in any SC state college/university, free licenses for hunting and fishing the weather is great basically year round summer is humid but thats what they make air conditioners for

http://www.govoepp.state.sc.us/va/benefits.html

Veterans Reemployment Rights

Credit of State Retirement for Military Service

Admissions Tax Exemption

Income Tax Exemption on Retirement Pay

Property Taxes - Homestead Exemption

Free Hunting & Fishing Licenses

State Parks Totally Disabled Persons

Special License Plates

Property Tax Exemption

Specially Adapted Housing

Tax Exemption for Compensation, Pension, Disability Retirement Pay and VA Payments

Presentation of the State Flag to Families of Deceased Members of the South Carolina National Guard

Recording of Discharges

Parking Fee Exemption

Marriage, Birth, Death and Divorce Verification

State Veterans Nursing Homes

Free Tuition/Education Assistance (Fee tuition for certain veteran's children) 100% P&T

Active Duty Pay Relevant to the SC Department of Revenue & Taxation

South Carolina Military Family Relief Fund

100% SC P&T PTSD 100% CAD 10% Hypertension and A&A = SMC L, SSD
a disabled American veteran certified lol
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."