Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

The 12 Worst Regional Offices

Rate this question

broncovet

Question

I would like to compose a list of the 12 Worst places to live for VA benefits. If your RO has "done you wrong" post it, and why..I think this list should be turned over to Bob Filner, Mr. Hall, Mr. Shineski, and, yes, Mr. Obama.

I propose these terrible RO's head the list:

"The Veterans list of the 12 Worst Regional Offices:

1. New York

2. Detroit

3. Cleveland

4. St. Pete

I want these to be like "power ratings" for the NFL..except in reverse, kind of like the least likely teams to win the next superbowl of being Veteran friendly.

My reasons for the "Terrible 3" of NY, Detroit, Cleveland being the worst are largely due to the AG's report of Veterans shredded claims, as well as my own experience in Drew Careys neighborhood. Please add your RO to this "12 worst list", if you feel your RO is deserving, as we can use it to pressure them to "get off this nasty list" by good Veterans service. Also a factor is The AG reported disparity among states, where some RO's compensate Veterans much higher than others. Cleveland, Indiana, and Illinois are 3 states at the bottom of this list also. I want to pressure the VA to stop "low balling" and start treating Veterans right by putting the worst offenders on this nasty list. A "good list" may also be in order, with the top "Veteran friendly" RO's. Thanks for your input and helping other Veterans to get benefits they deserve.

Edited by broncovet

• Answers 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

St. Petersburg, Fl. VARO was also in the shreddergate scandal.

How about this.

1) St. Petersburg, Fl. VARO Sucks!

2) St. Petersburg, Fl. VARO Sucks!

3) St. Petersburg, Fl. VARO Sucks!

4) St. Petersburg, Fl. VARO Sucks!

5) St. Petersburg, Fl. VARO Sucks!

6) St. Petersburg, Fl. VARO Sucks!

7) St. Petersburg, Fl. VARO Sucks!

8) St. Petersburg, Fl. VARO Sucks!

9) St. Petersburg, Fl. VARO Sucks!

10 ) St. Petersburg, Fl. VARO Sucks!

11 ) St. Petersburg, Fl. VARO Sucks!

12 ) St. Petersburg, Fl. VARO Sucks!

carlie

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

Go Carlie!

Yes, I found it exceedingly interesting that my most RECENT decision FROM Cleveland had a ST. Petersburg Cover letter on it. The VARO recently sent a second copy of my RO decision, and that Cleveland decision still ALSO had "St. Petersburg, Florida" as a cover letter.

I think the corruption is much deeper than "just" NY Regional Office, it appears alive and well, and thriving in Cleveland, Detroit, and St. Pete as well.

I am pretty sure the management of St. Pete and Cleveland share passwords, so they can deny legit Veterans and award large retros to friends and family of employees.

Thank you for confirming St. Pete..that is about 14 "votes" for ST. Pete as one of the worst. I am going to allow your "multiple votes"...just in case you had 11 Veterans in your house, and because St. Pete is worthy of this "Veterans RO of Shame" distinction!

Buffalo RO employs illiterates.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

My RO has been nothing but headaches, which is Pittsburgh, but I still think it's due to some bad seeds. I really believe(I want to believe) I'm just getting lazy VSR's. Who knows? I guess I'm old fashioned and want to believe there's good in everyone.

Pittsburg is in the The midwest, home of the free and the brave and the worst service to Veterans of any area in the country.

Ohio is famous for its terrible service, and its last or dead last ranking by the AG.

Illinois was so bad, that Barack Obama, before he was president made a stink, and, for a while, if your RO was in the "Bottom 5" (lowest ranking Regional Offices by the Attorney General) , you could write in and ask for reconsideration. That blew over, like most things, and was just lip service, once Barack got elected as president. Midwest Veterans came out empty handed, with the exception of some mild improvement in Illinios RO.

However, Ohio Veterans regurarly get the shaft and remain a "bottom feeder"..(a trash fish)

Indiana is right down there about neck and neck with Illinois, and Ohio, and the new deal was supposed to prevent the disparity among states..it did nothing for Ohio, Indiana, and the rest of the midwest.

I think Midwest Regional Office managers get together, have pow wows on how they can give even worse service to Veterans.

Berta pointed out Buffalo RO is also in the midwestern "Shameful-treatment-to-Veterans-belt"

Its too bad we cant "pick" our REgional Office, and then close the bad ones for poor service.

St Louis, loose, shred, hide and not seek SMR's. They speak with forked tongues. Tell you one thing, do another, and if you talk to another call center person, you get a different synapse too. The hand does not feed the mouth, as it can't find it. The IRIS system takes 11-12 days to respond and yet the vet receives still another inaccurate message that is not relevant to the vets claim. Just another blow off to the vet. They are posted as one of the top 4 VARO's who have destroyed/damaged/disallowed/discouraged/denied vets claims!! :D

I would like to compose a list of the 12 Worst places to live for VA benefits. If your RO has "done you wrong" post it, and why..I think this list should be turned over to Bob Filner, Mr. Hall, Mr. Shineski, and, yes, Mr. Obama.

I propose these terrible RO's head the list:

"The Veterans list of the 12 Worst Regional Offices:

1. New York

2. Detroit

3. Cleveland

4. St. Pete

I want these to be like "power ratings" for the NFL..except in reverse, kind of like the least likely teams to win the next superbowl of being Veteran friendly.

My reasons for the "Terrible 3" of NY, Detroit, Cleveland being the worst are largely due to the AG's report of Veterans shredded claims, as well as my own experience in Drew Careys neighborhood. Please add your RO to this "12 worst list", if you feel your RO is deserving, as we can use it to pressure them to "get off this nasty list" by good Veterans service. Also a factor is The AG reported disparity among states, where some RO's compensate Veterans much higher than others. Cleveland, Indiana, and Illinois are 3 states at the bottom of this list also. I want to pressure the VA to stop "low balling" and start treating Veterans right by putting the worst offenders on this nasty list. A "good list" may also be in order, with the top "Veteran friendly" RO's. Thanks for your input and helping other Veterans to get benefits they deserve.