Military Medical Records Incomplete Please Help

Sarah k

Question

Does anyone have any experience or answers on how to find my military medical records. I twice requested my Military records with an emphasis on Medical. Unfortunately when they arrived no medical records of any hospital stays or Doctors visits were included when I recieved the records. :P

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Guest Vietnam Tanker

When you request hospital stay records you must give the name of the hospital, the dates of the stay, and any other pertinent info. These records are kept seperatly from your service medical records jacket, the same is true for mental health records. I hope this info helps a veteran!

Might sound a little crazy but try to contact the hospital records section you stayed in or were treated in. They may have to check their archive records but I tried mine and found records that were over 20 years old, really helped me out. May have to pay a fee.

Pete992

• HadIt.com Elder

I actually found my records from Balboa Navy Hospital, including my X-RAYS!

FROM 1968!

The ex-rays were mis-read at that time, and it took me FORTY YEARS to find this out.

The Ortho PA that did my C&P looked at my x-rays, read my medical records from that incident 40 years ago.

He took the x-rays up to the radiology department at the Dallas VAMC and had a board-certified radiologist read the films.

Told me that they found not ONE but TWO fresh fractures that were never mentioned in the medical records at that time.

The Marine Corps sent me home with a broken tibia AND a crushed malleous (or whatever they call it).

Never treated, and having not been treated at that time, my ankle has no ROM and has not had any ROM since it healed sometime in 1969, and the broken tibia healed with my foot at a 45-degree angle to the direction of my travel.

Slam-Dunk, AFTER 40 + years!

DUH!

Edited by LarryJ