VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Just Got My Meb But Is Missing 1 Diagnosis.

Rate this question

drftit808

Question

Hey guys me again, i'm still navy and got a copy of my medical evaluation board back today before it's mailed out. I have 5 dx as of now

1.syncope dnepts 780.2

2.asystole dnepts 427.5

3.asthma mild persisten dnepts 493.90

4.patellofemoral syndrome dnepts 719.46

5.depression dnepts 311

I was also given a civilian sleep study which found narcolepsy and put on provigil after a dx from my neorologist. Well, i was transferred to a different doc he didn't want to add narc to my list of dx cuz it would affect future job placement even though he told me not to drive cuz i still most likely have it... So, what do i do? Should i try fight and have the study repeated?

Also, with the above dx's what do you guys think my rating will be if anything? i'm an E5 with 4 years and my contract is up next month that's why i wanted to rush and send it out. Thanks again for all your help!

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Once you review your medical records you will find even more to file a claim for. As long as you can show that:

38 CFR 3.4 Compensation. (a) Compensation. This term means a monthly payment made by the Department of Veterans Affairs to a veteran because of service-connected disability, or to a surviving spouse, child, or parent of a veteran because of the service-connected death of the veteran occurring before January 1, 1957, or under the circumstances outlined in paragraph ©(2) of this section. If the veteran was discharged or released from service, the discharge or release must have been under conditions other than dishonorable.

(Authority: 38 U.S.C. 101(2), (13)) (:D Disability compensation. (1) Basic entitlement for a veteran exists if the veteran is disabled as the result of a personal injury or disease (including aggravation of a condition existing prior to service) while in active service if the injury or the disease was incurred or aggravated in line of duty.

Once you review your medical records you will find even more to file a claim for. As long as you can show that:

38 CFR 3.4 Compensation. (a) Compensation. This term means a monthly payment made by the Department of Veterans Affairs to a veteran because of service-connected disability, or to a surviving spouse, child, or parent of a veteran because of the service-connected death of the veteran occurring before January 1, 1957, or under the circumstances outlined in paragraph ©(2) of this section. If the veteran was discharged or released from service, the discharge or release must have been under conditions other than dishonorable.

(Authority: 38 U.S.C. 101(2), (13)) ( :D Disability compensation. (1) Basic entitlement for a veteran exists if the veteran is disabled as the result of a personal injury or disease (including aggravation of a condition existing prior to service) while in active service if the injury or the disease was incurred or aggravated in line of duty.

So... just go ahead and see what they give me for these things then contact the DAV after my seperation? I'm just trying to get 30% for my discharge so i can qualify for retirement...

So... just go ahead and see what they give me for these things then contact the DAV after my seperation? I'm just trying to get 30% for my discharge so i can qualify for retirement...

Get a copy of all your medical and dental records and board records. Two copies or more is better. I took mine and made copies of everything before I retired and faxed them to the VA through the county VA rep a month before I retired.

I'm still in, they're mailing off my record next week so i probably have 3-6 weeks before a possible discharge and we have the DAV up the street so i'll go there as soon as i hear from washington. Do you think i'll qualify for med sep? And if so %30?

I'm still in, they're mailing off my record next week so i probably have 3-6 weeks before a possible discharge and we have the DAV up the street so i'll go there as soon as i hear from washington. Do you think i'll qualify for med sep? And if so %30?

I already have copies of everything too, lesson learned already lol

Most other people have knowledge about the VA claims process, a lot more than myself. But, this is def. something I'm knowledgable about. I was medically retired from the Navy.

Now, you didn't make a few things clear. Are you being med boarded out of the Navy? Is it your first Meb? Usually, your case wont go before the PEB unless it's your third MEB, unless requested by your DR. You said you were a month out from you ETS, you said your a month out of your contract, right? Also, have you thought about being med boarded out? If your DR requested a PEB on your MEB, then you'll probably have to stay in for another 4-5 months for the to do the PEB on you. If your not already going this route, it may benifit you greatly.

I'm actually going for my first TDRL appointment next week, since SSA has found me unable to work do to the condition that they medboarded me out, I have a feeling I'm going to be placed on the PDRL.

There are a few other great forums out there for the MEB/PEB process. Thinking........ Googling....

Check these out:

www.pebforum.com

www.vets.yuku.com

These people will be able to help you more than people here on hadit(when it comes to the PEB/MEB process). When you begin to actually file your VA claim, there are no sites better then this one. I can help you, but right now my time is limited. If you answer my questions and also, if you can give me more details about what's going on with you, I can help more.