Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Payment

Rate this question

carterdap

Question

I received a statement of case dated Feburary 10th. It stated I was awarded 70% PTSD and other 2 claims were denied. I was advised by my DAV rep to wait for benefits to start coming before appealing or doing anything else about my case. My question is how will it before I actually receive a check? I have called the 800 number several times and told that my file is at the local office. I call the local office and they have no info one way or the other. Vets have told me in would be a week or two, its been 5. I have not received an award letter yet. Does anyone know of a time frame for all this to occur? :huh:

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Could it be that they are considering you for TDIU? They should be if you are at 70%.

Did you make formal application for TDIU (form 21-8940)

VA has no reason to hold onto money once they make an award.

I got money 3 times and the letter came a week or more after the $$$.

There is a financial difference for sure between 70% and TDIU (the 100 % comp rate) and this is what might be holding up the money.

You might get better info if you send them an Iris Inquiry through the "contact us via email "IRIS thing at the VA web site.

It sounds like you and I are in the same boat. I've been waiting about the same amount of time from the date of the SSOC. I know a few signatures were required but I was not thinking it would take this long...at least not compared to most on hadit who have been awarded their claims.

However, I did get an IRIS response 03/10 that it should be within next couple of weeks...so try that route, as Berta has already suggested.

Hi everyone, I received a award letter granting me 20% for limited motion and granted for tinittus from the bva on Jan. 21 2009. They also remanded hearing loss. as of today Mar, 27 I still have not received my 2 awarded claims money, This is now 9 weeks. Now I just don't know what to think and trying to find out from the va dav and the amc is like pis**** in the wind. I tryed the iris to and it is a mystery to them!!! I am going to shot another iris today.