VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Configure Worm

carlie

I believe that you mean "Conflicker C", the newest version of a particulary nasty trojan/virus that is being adapted as the war against it rages.

Microsoft has an free online virus scanner, click Here to perform the scan on Windows 2000, XP and Vista machines. It has been rumored that some machines may crash while running it, but I don't know anyone who has. Any computer running Windows 5.0+ is susceptible, so running the scan would be a good idea. Those of you using MACs are once again safe, but then again, MAC attacks are not just for McDonalds anymore.

Hope this helps! ;)

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, yeah, just one other thing... Columbo

Turning off the computer and waiting until April 1st passes will not do anything to prevent it from activating once, the computer is turned on any date after that. You could try to trick it, and change your system date/time, but it may get the trigger from the Internet once you connect anyways.

It is best to find out if your system is infected, get the files deleted, and update your patches TODAY! (Not yelling, just emphasis).

• HadIt.com Elder

Wait a minute!

Y'all are talking about the CONflicker worm.

i thought you were talking about the CORNlicker worm!

Oh well, what-the-heck? I think that all this computer stuff is just weird science anyway!

I vote for going back to the VCR and the cassette-tape answering machines, and beepers!

Oh yeah, just one other thing, Columbo.

the security software that I am running updates every hour on the hour.....it had this cornhusker thing covered within the hour of Microsoft's publishing the fix.

It is the Cornflicker trojan/viurs/worm, overall nasty tidbit of code. ;)

Wouldn't cornlicker be some type of a grub? Unless you boiled the corn, added lots of butter, and then it would be me. :)

As of yet, I am unable to edit any of my posts, sorry for the conflicker typo. :(

So Sioux me... wait, I am already Sioux, too late. :P

I am wondering if we are going to see another LoveBug fiasco or Millenium let-down. We shall see tomorrow. As far as trusting Microsoft's patches (yes, I said patches, not updates), too many times I have seen them release one to cover a security flaw, and then multiple exploits follow attacking a new flaw created by their patch. Very scary... :)

• HadIt.com Elder

I am not worried. I am sure that Larry;s virus protection will protect me but I will read no email on April 1st just in case.

• HadIt.com Elder
I am not worried. I am sure that Larry;s virus protection will protect me but I will read no email on April 1st just in case.

Promise?