Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Just Got The C&p Exam Reports

Rate this question

jessie0054

Question

Just received the C&P reports for my husband's claims of conditions of Hypertension, CAD and Sleep Apnea as secondary to PTSD.

All looks Favorable But not putting all the eggs in the same basket until we get an award letter.

Examiner's states " Hepertension, CAD and Sleep Apnea [ is at least as likely as not caused by or a result of the conditions of the Veterans PTSD]

Will let you know how it turns out.

Wish us luck!!

Jessie

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Good Luck Jesse I have my fingers crossed and a candle lit praying that you get the grace to endure the wait and that the BA has everything it needs to award the claim.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

Good Luck Jesse I have my fingers crossed and a candle lit praying that you get the grace to endure the wait and that the BA has everything it needs to award the claim.

Thanks Pete53

I appreciate the Prayer and candle!!

Jessie

whoop tee do- looks great-

But did the examiner give a medical rationale for this?

Still- I think this might bring what you have waited for.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

whoop tee do- looks great-

But did the examiner give a medical rationale for this?

Still- I think this might bring what you have waited for.

Hello Berta:

Yes the examiner gave the following Rational for opinion given:

[1] CAD and PTSD= There is medical evidence that PTSD has a role in causing or increasing currently acepted pathways of CAD.

[2] Hypertension and PTSD = There is Medical evidence that PTSD has a role in the hypertensive disease state by playing into the pathologic conditions which inderectly create hypertensive states.

[3] There is evidence in the clinical medical literature to link PTSD to the causation of Sleep Apnea from a number of different pathways.

The examiner encluded these supporting Links in his report.

Sleep Med Rev. 2005 Jun: 9 [3] : 211-24 Links

Sleep apnea is a manifestion of the Metabolic syndrome, Vgantzas AN, Bixler EO. Chrousos GP. [ whatever all that means]

Department of psychiatry HO73, Penn State College of medicine, 500 University Drive, Hershey, PA 17033, USA.

There were about 6-7 other links mentioned with the C&P report but i don't have time right now to mention them all.

But i feel that my husband has a very good chance of getting SC for the secondary conditions based on this C&P.

Jessie

• In Memoriam

Where did you request your copy of the C&P from, and how long did it take to get the copy??

Stretch

Just readin the mail

Excerpt from the 'Declaration of Independence'

We have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these usurpations, which, would inevitably interrupt our connections and correspondence. They too have been deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity

Where did you request your copy of the C&P from, and how long did it take to get the copy??

Hello Stretch:

We requested the copy of the C&P from the Columbia Mo VAMC.

The first part of the C&P was done on March 3 and the second part was done for the heart on March 16th followed by and echogram on the 25th of march.

We were told that as soon as the report was finished we would be sent the copy. It was mailed out of Columbia on the 7th of April and we got it on the 8th.

Jessie