VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Moving To Philippines/tdiu And Va Clinic

Rate this question

Will

Question

I am going to be moving to Manila, Philippines and I just wandered if anyone knows if this will effect my TDIU. Also wanted to know if anyone is familiar with or ever used the VA Outpatient Clinic in Pasay City Philippines, I know this is the only VA Clinic and Also they have an RO office there. I wanted to see how the medical treatment is there and the RO. THanks

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

I am going to be moving to Manila, Philippines and I just wandered if anyone knows if this will effect my TDIU. Also wanted to know if anyone is familiar with or ever used the VA Outpatient Clinic in Pasay City Philippines, I know this is the only VA Clinic and Also they have an RO office there. I wanted to see how the medical treatment is there and the RO. THanks

I will be retiring from the VA in about 6 years. and moving to the Manila area myself. I have visited and lived in the Philippines. Currently I am a gray area retiree USAR and service connected disabled vet.

I have checked out the VA Clinic in Manila and It has limited capability but what they don't have they also fee basis out anything they cannot handle.

You will need to call and make an appointment/ They are currently seeing Service connected and some non service connected medical problems but you have to be service connected like yourself to be seen there.. I have not experienced it myself personally but from what I understand there is no change in your TDIU living in the USA or the Philippines. They do have a regional office and you will need to have your file transferred there and then you should be good to go. I am sure some one here that knows more will chime in a little while and give you more information.

• HadIt.com Elder

Good Luck on your move. We have had Members who complain about treatment there by VARO and the Medical Treatment also. I suspect that cost of living and other advantages out weigh some of the problems just hope that you are in good health.

Just my opinion I have wanted to move to Mexico but Mrs Pete won't let me.

I will be retiring from the VA in about 6 years. and moving to the Manila area myself. I have visited and lived in the Philippines. Currently I am a gray area retiree USAR and service connected disabled vet.

I have checked out the VA Clinic in Manila and It has limited capability but what they don't have they also fee basis out anything they cannot handle.

You will need to call and make an appointment/ They are currently seeing Service connected and some non service connected medical problems but you have to be service connected like yourself to be seen there.. I have not experienced it myself personally but from what I understand there is no change in your TDIU living in the USA or the Philippines. They do have a regional office and you will need to have your file transferred there and then you should be good to go. I am sure some one here that knows more will chime in a little while and give you more information.

Hi,

Will be moving there near Manila in less than 7 years from now. 80% in PI, 20% in US as our kids & grandkids are stateside. Yes, they have a VA clinic & VARO office in there. Matter of fact, they are building a big VA office complex/clinic near the US embassy compound.

I have been updated that as a service disabled vet(50% for now), I can go to better equiped hospital nearby and they will send the bill to US VA. My brother-in-law(60% SCed) experienced it while on long term vacation, and he was even picked up from his condo to St. Lukes hospital as paid/arranged by VA. I will check it out myself for next year's visit..

FYI below:

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3031.html

Will, make sure you go to your RO and get a complete copy of your C-file before you move. I would not trust the VA to transfer all of your record. Good luck and I'll give you my address so you can send me some lumpia :)