VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Question Regards Diagnosis Of Ptsd

Rate this question

cowgirl

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Another Cowgirl question. Over the years I have been noted to have ptsd, ptsd symptoms, ptsd with mst symptoms in my SMRs and VA medical records. Now a clinic visit to my counselor lists 'ptsd secondary to mst' and mdd on Axis 1. Will that hold for a confirmed 'diagnosis'? Also in the description of the 'problem' there is reference to working on resolving effects of in service mst events. I do have a claim in to increase mdd and I would hope the current clinic notes like these would aid my request.

Any ideas or feedback?

Thanks so much,

Cg'up2009!

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Axis I thru 5

Axis I: MDD is Major Depression, Recurrent with Secondary condition of Post-traumatic Stress Disorder. Clinicians always list the first disorder in Axis I as Primary

Axis II: Personality and Developmental Disorders

Axis IIi: Medical conditions that are related to your Axis I issues (DJD is Denegernative Joint Disease)

Axis IV: Psychosocial Stressors and should include the severity of them ex: 3-Moderate; 4-Severe

Axis V: Global Adaptive Functioning (GAF: Present (which is 62)

and should also include Higest GAF Past year:

VA disability ratings are based on how your SCed injury or illness impacts your daily life; family-wise, legally, socially, and industrially. That is precisely what the GAF is SUPPOSE to measure and the result is a number that is transfered to the schedule for mental disabilities.