Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Think Things May Be Looking Up,

Rate this question

livingrock21

Question

For those of you who know my story(If you don't go to my other topic, and read my first couple posts http://www.hadit.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=23917&hl= ), I think things may finally be looking up for me.

I still don't know what I'm going to do with my housing situation. I've been pretty down and out about all of that.

Here's the good news though. A while back, I contacted my congressman, and asked him for help. It wasn't looking good until the other day when I got his second response. It informed me that the DRO was currently working on my appeal(it was supposed to be waiting for certification to the BVA, which I really don't want at this point, I know it can take for ever at the BVA) due to the new SSA evidence they had recieved. It informed me that they will either grant the benifit sought, or send out a SSOC. That was great news for me. Then, the day after I recieved that response, I got a call from the DRO working my claim. This was a big shocker. When I contacted my congressman, I told them how their lowballing their decision because they are using a C&P exam that doesn't even pertain to my condition. How can you rate someone soley off a C&P exam that has nothing to do with a persons condition. Well, that DRO was contacting me with a C&P exam that he had set up. I was really excited at that point, but was thinking to my self in my head, well it'll probably be a couple months before I can get into an exam. To my suprise, he scheduled it for May 7th, with the DR. that already treats my condition. At this point I'm thinking to myself, WOW! This couldn't be going any better. I had also let my congressman how long and drawn out this situation has been, and it's all been due to their errors. I have a feeling my congressman let it be known that they want this appeal taken care of now.

Maybe I'm trying to be too optimistic here since this is the only good news I've ever gotten from the VA. What do you guys/gals think about all of this news? Is it sounding good to y'all?

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I've been thinking about this, and thinking it was too good to be true. I could've swore the guy that called said he was a DRO, but that must have been what I wanted to hear.

The guy that called, actually called my other number first, and left a message. Apparently he was a VAMC employee. So this news isn't as good as it seems. I'm kind of bummed out now.

I also cannot seem to find my examination worksheet. I can't figure out which one it would be. By the way, thank you rockhound for posting that link! Maybe someone can point me in the right direction. The condition on appeal is Erythromelalgia, and its a cardio vascular/periphrial nerve condition.

• HadIt.com Elder
Sounds like something is moving in a more positive direction. As others stated keep working on all of your info too. Good luck.

I have an idea. Since you are on social security disability you may be eligible for section 8 housing. I think it takes just 20% of your income and the rest of your rent would be paid by a federal voucer.

That is good news and a fresh start to getting your situation in order. As mentioned earlier, did you ever contact your local county vet center for assistance? I live in PA too and applied for assistance when I first lost my job. They have mailed out 3 checks totaling $1,200 some dollars for me.

The real good news is someone at the VA has finally have your paperwork in order and is monitoring the process.

Another good news is that you know the doctor that is performing your C&P. The results on this C&P may make or break your case.

After all the your medical issues are covered during your exam, kindly " remind " your doctor on how important to you that the C&P are worded and all the facts are covered.

Good luck.

I agree with: "Be optimistic...but continue to work your claim." It is good news and I hope this is your light at the end of the tunnel...so to speak. Best regards.

Well,

I had my C&P exam today. All the right questions were asked, and I'm feeling pretty confident. I had my wife in the exam room also, as well as my 3 1/2 year old daughter. I'm pretty sure this was a more then favorable C&P, and as I said before, the dr. that treats me was actually the one that did the C&P.

I'm truely just wondering how long it's going to take now. The wait is going to kill me. The only reason my appeal got moving again was due to my letter to my congressman. I had my congressman contact them once, and they shot my questions down, wasn't really legit, but let it go. I then raised more questions like, "how could they rate me based soley off a C&P that doesn't even pertain to this condition?". Three weeks after my congressman wrote this letter, I was set up for a C&P exam that was only a week away. I raised other questions also. Mainly pertaining to the evidence they had thus far, and the fact they should have the ability to rate me soley off my SMR. Also questioned the fact that they admitted to goofing(partially granting) on part of the appeal, but didnt change the %, and that was due to them using a C&P that didn't pertain to my condition. The last issue I raised was how long it was taking them. This was the issue that the "aide" I spoke to was really interested in. So I'm wondering if I might get a decision real quick. What do you guys think? I'm hoping and praying. Atleast I know it will be impossible for them to shoot me down now(almost 100% sure they can't deny what I'm seeking).

Any opinions/info is very welcomed. Thanks in advance.