VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Much Weight Does A Doctor's Statement Have?

Rate this question

pilgrim01

Question

I had a medical issue that was not treated correctly and was listed as something else because no x-rays/mri's were taken while in-service. A couple of months after retiring and realizing that I was not awarded anything for it, I went back to my new doctor (when I retired I got a new doctor) and she did x-ray/mri's. I lot of things were discovered from the x-rays/mri's. So, I did a RECONSIDERATION and my new doctor wrote a letter to the VA in my package stating that my current conditions are consistent with the problems/injuries I was having while in-service since July of 2006. Will that note carry any weight? Thanks, for reading.

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

my current conditions are consistent with the problems/injuries I was having while in-service since July of 2006

It is lacking a his/her rationale on how they determined the current conditions are the same/consistent with those you had in service.

Thanks, everyone, for your assistance/information. I guess I will see what the outcome is. I will assume they will give me another exam. I just retired Nov 1st. I would hope they will use a little common sense and realize that I didn't do all this to my back in 3 months. (I know I am asking a lot.) :unsure:

Another reminder--Layperson evidence can be given only about symptoms.

You can say I have had numbness and pain in my leg since 2006.

Your doctor can say you have had a history of numbness and pain since 2006 that was most likely a symptom of the back injury. It is more likely than not that the back injury caused the symptoms you reported in 2006 and your condition was misdiagnosed.

The second you try to give that nexus yourself, your evidence gets tossed becase you dont have medical training.