VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Scheduled---migraine Headaches

Rate this question

tanker31

Question

I have been helping a Vet. with his claim. Vet. rceived notice to appear for C&P examination in next month. What should the Vet. be prepared for? For example what questions will be asked, etc... What area/subjects should he stay away from?

Would like to hear from all, but especialy those who are service connected for Migraine headaches.

Thanks,

Tanker31

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

The most important thing to remember is that they must be prostrating. That means that you have to lay down :unsure: . The number and longevity is taken into consideration, but what counts is that you have to lay down. I cannot say it enough :blink: .

Here's a link that rockhound actually posted in one of my topics that you'll probably find very useful. I'm sure it's posted around here more then 100 times, but I was unable to find it, and that's why rockhound helped me out.

http://www.vba.va.gov/bln/21/Benefits/exams/index.htm

That will take to you to a list of all the VA C&P examination worksheets. Hope this helps, it sure helped me out with my C&P.

Tyler

Here is the exam:

<H3 align=center>Neurological Disorders, Miscellaneous

(Migraine, Tic, Paramyoclonus Multiplex, Sydenham's and Huntington's Chorea, and Athetosis)</H3>

Name: SSN:Date of Exam: C-number:Place of Exam:

A. Review of Medical Records:

B. Medical History (Subjective Complaints):

Comment on:

1. Onset and course - If flare-ups exist, describe precipitating factors, aggravating factors, alleviating factors, alleviating medications, frequency, severity, duration, and whether the flare-ups include pain, weakness, fatigue or functional loss.

2. Current treatment, response, side effects.

C. Physical Examination (Objective Findings):

1. If
    Migraine:
    - Obtain the history of frequency and duration of attacks and description of level of activity the veteran can maintain during the attacks. For example, state if the attacks are prostrating in nature or if ordinary activity is possible.

2. If
    Tics and Paramyoclonus Complex:
    - Ascertain the muscle group(s) involved and obtain the best possible history of frequency and severity of attacks. State the effects on daily activities.

3. If
    Chorea, Choreiform Disorders, etc.:
    - Describe manifestations by impairment of strength, coordination, tremor, etc., with particular attention to the effects of the performance of ordinary activities of daily living.

D. Diagnostic and Clinical Tests:

1. Include results of all diagnostic and clinical tests conducted in the examination report

Edited by pacmanx1

I think pete pasted the wrong one there..

Here's the correct one:

<H3 align=center>Neurological Disorders, Miscellaneous

(Migraine, Tic, Paramyoclonus Multiplex, Sydenham's and Huntington's Chorea, and Athetosis)</H3>

Name: SSN:Date of Exam: C-number:Place of Exam:

A. Review of Medical Records:

B. Medical History (Subjective Complaints):

Comment on:

1. Onset and course - If flare-ups exist, describe precipitating factors, aggravating factors, alleviating factors, alleviating medications, frequency, severity, duration, and whether the flare-ups include pain, weakness, fatigue or functional loss.

2. Current treatment, response, side effects.

C. Physical Examination (Objective Findings):

1. If
    Migraine:
    - Obtain the history of frequency and duration of attacks and description of level of activity the veteran can maintain during the attacks. For example, state if the attacks are prostrating in nature or if ordinary activity is possible.

2. If
    Tics and Paramyoclonus Complex:
    - Ascertain the muscle group(s) involved and obtain the best possible history of frequency and severity of attacks. State the effects on daily activities.

3. If
    Chorea, Choreiform Disorders, etc.:
    - Describe manifestations by impairment of strength, coordination, tremor, etc., with particular attention to the effects of the performance of ordinary activities of daily living.

D. Diagnostic and Clinical Tests:

1. Include results of all diagnostic and clinical tests conducted in the examination report.

E. Diagnosis:

I found it under neurological, misc.

Hope this helps you out.

I am SC'd for migraines at 30%. I have prostrating headaches and racked up 5 weeks off last year in total. Right around 5 or 6 monthly episodes. Some lasting a few hours to a day. I have light, sound and motion sensitivity. once in a while they make me throw up. They really knock me down.

At the C&P exam, I brought a letter from my doctor stating frequency and prescriptions given. I also had a letter from my employer verifying the amount of time I had taken off related to migraines. I had a couple of emergency room visits where I had to be given shots to clear up the migraine and brought those too. I feel as if I should be rated at 50%, but they only awarded 30%.

Any way that's my experience. I hope this helps some.