Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Starting To Get The Va Crap Again

Rate this question

JayBrown1

Question

After having my C&P exam and completing everything they requested of me and just a few days ago they told me they have received all the requested information, I got a letter from them today stating that they needed more information from my previous employer form 21-4192, the same form that was sent to them on April 23, 2009, that they told me they received on April 24, 2009. I guess when you get a favorable C&P exam that states "Veteran is fully unemployable for physical or sedentary labor based on the condition of the knees; right arthroplasty and left fusion, with gait changes, chronic pain and edema" they are going to do what they can to delay making a decision.

Why else would they ask for the same information again after they stated they had already received it?

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

JayBrown1: If you have a VSO helping you, you have three ways to handle this situation.

1. Have the VSO resend the information

2. Resend the information cirtified, return signed recept with tracking

3. Take the information in yourself to the VARO and ask for a supervisor to date stamp and sign a copy for your files.

Of course you could try calling them on their loosing your information and threaten to report them to the VA OIG for them loosing your information, but then again if you make to much waves, they might just stick your claim on the bottom of the pile and let it sit, to get back at you for making them look like idiots and don't know how to keep track of what's in your C-File.

Sorry for being sinicle, I couldn't help it. best to start by trying one of the three suggestions and hope they don't loose it again.

Rockhound Rider :unsure:

p.s. You could try a messanger service if you can't get into the VARO yourself and can afford their service.

Are you a paranoid schizophrenic

if the ones you think are out to

get you, really are?

• HadIt.com Elder

Happens all the time, Rock gave you good advice

Edited by Pete53
Change Rick to Rock

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

Pete53: Don't you mean "Rock"? LoL :D :unsure: :D B) Sometimes my fingers don't quite hit the right letter either or maybe your fingers are dyslexic.

Happens all the time, Rick gave you good advice

Are you a paranoid schizophrenic

if the ones you think are out to

get you, really are?

• HadIt.com Elder

Yep I meant Rock

On my keyboard the I is next to the O keys I will edit my original post

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

• HadIt.com Elder

Does this not give us the impression that the VA will exhaust all means possible to deny or delay a claim before granting a claim.

Of course, they will say no but actions speak louder than words.

J

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

Basser and Rock are right!

Shredding documents at the VA is alive and well. The only thing they did is to try to cover it up, and then quietly start in again:

http://www.vawatchdog.org/09/nf09/nfmay09/nf050609-1.htm

I would like to add that Veteran Victims of shredding should fight back, and not take it anymore by

filing a "Special Claims Handling" request per DR. Peaks fast letter AND report that RO to the VAOIG

AND also report that RO to your senator/congressperson/media!