Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Veteran At 30%, Can Wife Get Meds.

Rate this question

farmall

Question

I am wondering if I can get my medications through VA-my husband currently gets 30% compensation for IBS. We pay for our own BC/BS but don't have prescription coverage-I was recently placed on Plaxil which costs $145.00 for 30 pills and am scheduled for a heart catheterization in 2 weeks--I have a leaky Mitral valve--cardiologist said I would have to take Coumadin also. My husband also has a claim in for PTSD and could possibly get l00%--would that help the situation? Thanks -Sandra, wife of Roger

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Sandra:

Unfortunately a spouse will not get prescription coverage until the spouse is 100% P&T. The drug companies still offer limited help to epople who do not have prescription coverage and don't forget to ask your Doc for samples.

Good Luck

Sandra:

Unfortunately a spouse will not get prescription coverage until the spouse is 100% P&T. The drug companies still offer limited help to epople who do not have prescription coverage and don't forget to ask your Doc for samples.

Good Luck

As Sandra mentioned, drug companies have programs for people who can not afford thier medications. You can research which drug company manufactures your medication and contact them. They will send an application you can fill out and return.

Jim Lane TDIU T&P

Guest Namvet6567

Sandra, not until he's rated P&T. You should keep all receipts for yours, and any of his, that you pay for, out of pocket, as you may be able to get reimbursement, when and if he's awarded P&T. Flip

Edited by Namvet6567

Guest Namvet6567

Thanks Dan, but I don't know what you're talking about. I agree you must just be P&T. Ah, the power of the edit button. ;-) Should get out your way, again, mid-May.

Edited by Namvet6567