VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Elbow Hurt In Service ..should I Claim Now Or Later?

Rate this question

c&p man

Question

i went to sick call when i hit my elbow on a picket in the army they said soft tissue injury on report.. i been out of service for 10 years and i just been sucking it up and not complaining...i going to start seeing and complaing to the dr this week.. i have 2 claims in now for reconsideratrion affect date of 2009 march 30..so it is very recent my question is should i go ahead and claim increase of elbow from 0 percent right now...or should i get mediacl eveidence first? it hurt and i have some limited motion....

• Answers 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

ii hit my elbow on a picket and my smr says soft tissue injury ...they gqave me like a 5 x day profile ..it was more or last like a hard hit to my elbow cus i triped and hit the picket ...it gives me fits sometimes pain some limited motion cus of stiffness...but hat about it and the va dr never thought it was important even though i brought it up..

Good luck!

ii hit my elbow on a picket and my smr says soft tissue injury ...they gqave me like a 5 x day profile ..it was more or last like a hard hit to my elbow cus i triped and hit the picket ...it gives me fits sometimes pain some limited motion cus of stiffness...but hat about it and the va dr never thought it was important even though i brought it up..

Good luck!

thank you ..yea it a long shot ..but i cant work and havent worked in 6 years so i gota try..its thier somewhere///

• HadIt.com Elder

No problem. I figure I volunteer my time here and won't be wasting anymore of my time responding to your posts. Good luck!

pr

its in my smr if you have read all the threads will see this...by the way i am not being a d--- h---if it sounds like it...i hurt it in service and its documented on my smr medical records as a soft tissue injury of the right elbow.....

c&p man,

Before putting energy into this claim for an elbow injury, that is so much of a long shot,

(10 years since discharge and no continuity of medical care for residuals)

you might want to check the Schedule of Ratings to even see if it's worth pursuing.

From reading thru all your posts, it reads like you are throwing a plate

of possible disabilities against the wall to see what sticks.

Usually about the only thing that sticks is:

Medical Evidence - Medical Evidence - Medical Evidence.

A report showing soft tissue damage 10 years ago with no follow up care and complaint's

is going no where.

As I stated in my first sentence, you might find that 5 or 6 years down the road,

(and after the 5 or 6 years of gathering medical evidence and opinion's and fighting the VA)

you might get it SC'd - a decision maker might SC it at zero percent.

Also, ROM has to be stated and measured by a doctor, just because we think we have some

problems with ROM - doesn't mean we do, speaking from a medical or decision maker's standpoint.

jmho,

carlie

c&p man,

Before putting energy into this claim for an elbow injury, that is so much of a long shot,

(10 years since discharge and no continuity of medical care for residuals)

you might want to check the Schedule of Ratings to even see if it's worth pursuing.

From reading thru all your posts, it reads like you are throwing a plate

of possible disabilities against the wall to see what sticks.

Usually about the only thing that sticks is:

Medical Evidence - Medical Evidence - Medical Evidence.

A report showing soft tissue damage 10 years ago with no follow up care and complaint's

is going no where.

As I stated in my first sentence, you might find that 5 or 6 years down the road,

(and after the 5 or 6 years of gathering medical evidence and opinion's and fighting the VA)

you might get it SC'd - a decision maker might SC it at zero percent.

Also, ROM has to be stated and measured by a doctor, just because we think we have some

problems with ROM - doesn't mean we do, speaking from a medical or decision maker's standpoint.

jmho,

carlie

i agreee with you for the most part...but just like my left ankle i never complained about it once and i was rated 10 % first time.....headache also never reported after service sc it too...yes your right in many ways ...but i understand what your saying though....