Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claims Question

Rate this question

pete

Question

Hello everyone, I was awarded 30% ptsd in January-I'm going to NOD it. I have a pending claim for something else-the C&P was done recently. Should I send in the NOD now or wait until the 2nd claim is settled?

When I do send in my NOD, should I give what I've written to my SO and let him turn it in? Or should I send direct to the VA (certified) and also send my SO a copy? Heis my POA> Thanks.

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

My personal opinion:

1) Send the NOD in now.

2) Send it in certified mail, yourself. Copy your SO. Don't let him guilt you into letting him control this very important aspect of things. If it gets screwed up, you're the only one suffering the consequences, not him.

3) Personally, I don't believe in the veteran giving an SO his POA. I don't see why it's necessary with all the current electronic means of scanning and e-mailing, and faxing to keep the SO in touch with the veteran. Communication could be instant or darn close to it. I guess I don't trust anyone that much to speak for us, except us.

Guest Berta

I would NOD the PTSD claim ASAP and if you have any more evidence to support higher rating- let them know of it-

Dont overlook the side affects of your meds-did they address that in the 30% decision?

I would mail it certified to VARO myself and send your SO a copy of it.

I agree with VicKi, my SO tries to talk me out of everything. You only have i file and it can't be in two places. Filing a NOD now might slow down the decission on you 2nd claim. At what phase is the 2nd claim? Berta is pretty good about what to do in these situations. she'll know.

Edited by david walker

thanks for your replies. My current claim is whereever they go after the c&p is done. I'm going to take your advice and send my NOD in now. My SO says to only go thru him-but I'll just send him a copy. A person at the 800# told me to put on the envelope--ATTN: APPEALS TEAM-----should I do this? Or just write on the envelope NOD? Thanks

Personally, I wouldn't write "NOD" on the envelope, for the same reason I wouldn't send anything regular mail - - it's a red flag for whoever is handling it to "lose" it.