Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Just Wanna Make Sure...

Rate this question

Iraqi Freedom 29

Question

Hello,

I m a new member and prob. totally wrong here in the topic, but it would be nice if somebody could give me an answer...

for how long is the VA actually paying your VA 220 benefit disability money??? could they end it completely at once???

or is it a life time payment, i was rated at 60 % 2 years ago.

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

I looked up VA "220 disability" and did not get any hits.

However, if you are getting disability compensation at the 60% rate, then this will continue until/unless the VA reduces it. Under current regulations, the VA is required to give you a 60 day notice in the event they are trying to reduce your rating. You have a right to protest the reduction, and give your reasons why you feel the rating should not be reduced. You can also appeal any rating reduction, but you should appeal that reduction within one year of the rating decision.

A Regional office decision becomes final after one year, so the VA must demonstrate that you had material improvement, in order to reduce your rating.

The VA can require you to go to a c and p examination, and if you fail to go, your rating could be reduced. Further, if your c and p doctor offers the opinion that your condition has improved, then your rating could be reduced.

• HadIt.com Elder

nothing in the VA system is permanent up to the 20 year mark they can always call a veteran in and do a review even on a veteran determined to be P&T but there are a lot of rules that cover it usually if a veteran is past age 55 they will not do it, they have to allow your appeals to be completed before they actually reduce your payment if you appeal a proposed reduction most of us would love to have our health improve and be off of disability but the way it mostly works as you age your physical problems gradually deteriate also as time goes by some of the physical problems cause secondary issues to develop some of the medications they give you over time will create secondary issues

nothing is forever except death

100% SC P&T PTSD 100% CAD 10% Hypertension and A&A = SMC L, SSD
a disabled American veteran certified lol
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."

nothing in the VA system is permanent up to the 20 year mark they can always call a veteran in and do a review even on a veteran determined to be P&T but there are a lot of rules that cover it usually if a veteran is past age 55 they will not do it, they have to allow your appeals to be completed before they actually reduce your payment if you appeal a proposed reduction most of us would love to have our health improve and be off of disability but the way it mostly works as you age your physical problems gradually deteriate also as time goes by some of the physical problems cause secondary issues to develop some of the medications they give you over time will create secondary issues

nothing is forever except death

AND TAXES :(

Edited by sharon

"Don't give up. Don't ever give up." Jimmy V

• HadIt.com Elder

Even death is not the end. You die, and are then transported to a lake of fire, and burn for eternity. That is the good news according to the Southern Baptists I know. They were talking about me since they consider me a heathen. I told them I prefer a large frying pan so they can flip me over when I am done on one sie.

• HadIt.com Elder

I refuse to believe I am going to burn in hell after having to deal with the VA we have done our time in purgatory we get the the beach side of eternity

• HadIt.com Elder

http://www1.va.gov/vetdata/docs/4X6_spring09_sharepoint.pdf

Number of Veterans Receiving VA Disability Compensation (as of 03/31/09):

3.00 M

Number of Veterans Rated 100% Disabled (as of 03/31/09):

Number of Veterans Receiving VA Pension (as of 03/31/09):

Number of Spouses Receiving DIC (as of 03/31/09):

Number of Total Enrollees in VA Health Care System (FY 08):

7.84 M 1

Number of Total Unique Patients Treated (FY 08):

5.58 M 1

Number of Veterans Compensated for PTSD (as of 03/31/09):

Number of Veterans in Receipt of IU Benefits (as of 03/31/09):

Number of VA Education Beneficiaries (as of 09/30/08):

Number of Life Insurance Policies Supervised and Administered by VA (as of 03/31/09):

7.23 M

Face Amount of Insurance Policies Supervised and Administered by VA (as of 03/31/09):

1.33 T

Number of VA Voc Rehab (Chapter 31) Trainees (FY 08):

Number of Active VA Home Loan Participants (as of 03/31/09):

1.3 M

Number of Health Care Professionals Rotating Through VA (FY 08):

Number of OEF/OIF Amputees (as of 4/01/09):

871 2

Veterans Demographics

Projected U.S. Veterans Population: 23,442,000

{Female 1,802,000 8%}

Projected Number of Living WW II Veterans (as of 9/30/2008):

Number of WW II Veterans Pass Away Per Day:

Percentage of Veteran Population 65 or Older:

39.4%

Veteran Population by Race: White 79.7%

Black 11.1%

Asian/Pacific Islander 1.4%

Hispanic 5.7%

American Indian/Alaska Natives 0.8%

Other 1.3

pertinent data there are not as many 100% vets or TDIU vets as many people make out there are many of the TDIU vets should be changed to 100% but because the VARO's don't really comprehend the rules they keep them at IU rather than make them 100% schedular

Edited by Testvet