VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Vehicle Adaptive Equipment

Rate this question

Ricky

Question

Does anyone know where on earth (or the internet) one could find the price break down of standard equipment on vehicles? What I am looking for is what the hell the dealer charges one for items such as power brakes, power steering, AC etc...... When you ask the dealer they act like there is no such thing and simply say "Oh that is standard equipment"!!!! No joke batman!

The latest VHA Directive (2006-034) that I could find was dated 30 May 2006. In it, it provides a Standard Equipment dollar amount allowed by VA and then the Maximum Sticker dollar amount that would be allowed if the item was listed on the sticker. For example this Directive provides that for Auto Trans they would pay 778.00 if it was not itemized on the sticker, however, if it was they would allow 1267.00. Quite a difference.

I also think that these amounts are a little out of date since the directive is dated in 2006 however, I searched and searched but could not find a more up-to-date directive on reimbursable amounts for auto adaptive equipment - so if anyone is aware of a directive with a later date that would be helpful also.

Most are going to say go to the dealer for a break down of the actual price of the standard equipment - Tried that route - it is treated like Top Secret material. I do not think they would give it up if I showed up with heavy weapons and took their children captive hahahahahaha.

Thanks

Ricky

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Ricky, let me know what vehicle you are interested in and I will give you a tip or 2 on the priice breakdowns.

J

Does anyone know where on earth (or the internet) one could find the price break down of standard equipment on vehicles? What I am looking for is what the hell the dealer charges one for items such as power brakes, power steering, AC etc...... When you ask the dealer they act like there is no such thing and simply say "Oh that is standard equipment"!!!! No joke batman!

The latest VHA Directive (2006-034) that I could find was dated 30 May 2006. In it, it provides a Standard Equipment dollar amount allowed by VA and then the Maximum Sticker dollar amount that would be allowed if the item was listed on the sticker. For example this Directive provides that for Auto Trans they would pay 778.00 if it was not itemized on the sticker, however, if it was they would allow 1267.00. Quite a difference.

I also think that these amounts are a little out of date since the directive is dated in 2006 however, I searched and searched but could not find a more up-to-date directive on reimbursable amounts for auto adaptive equipment - so if anyone is aware of a directive with a later date that would be helpful also.

Most are going to say go to the dealer for a break down of the actual price of the standard equipment - Tried that route - it is treated like Top Secret material. I do not think they would give it up if I showed up with heavy weapons and took their children captive hahahahahaha.

Thanks

Ricky

I just went throught getting reinbursement for adaptive equipment on my new van ( in fact I am waiting on another check right now)

The directive dated 2006 is the newest directive published.... and does not expire until May 31, 2011.

I couold not get actual cost of items either, in fact I even wrote Dodge in 2004, for a breakdown of cost and they will not provide it. I have been told that the items are not sold seperately anymore like they were 10 years ago, that every item is part of a package which is designed to save the consumer money.

Ford told me about the same thing in 2000 when I bought my last truck.

FYI, The VAMC will deduct 10% for each year if you purchase a used vehicle. For example, my last two vehicles were 1 year old (bought them from Enterprise Car Rental - leased cars). The VA paid me 10% less than the listed amount on all the standard equipment that I am authorized to use.

I just went throught getting reinbursement for adaptive equipment on my new van ( in fact I am waiting on another check right now)

The directive dated 2006 is the newest directive published.... and does not expire until May 31, 2011.

I couold not get actual cost of items either, in fact I even wrote Dodge in 2004, for a breakdown of cost and they will not provide it. I have been told that the items are not sold seperately anymore like they were 10 years ago, that every item is part of a package which is designed to save the consumer money.

Ford told me about the same thing in 2000 when I bought my last truck.

Teac - I think that they do not want to disclose the actual cost so they do roll it all up into sub-packages which allows them the ability to over-charge for the standard price.