Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Older Veterans May I Ask?

Rate this question

mightyoak

Question

Hello ,Can any of you older vetereans answer a few questions for me? I have a case before Veterans board of appeals. I am the daughter of a deceased veteran. Father left the military 1953, policy was probably paid of in the 1970's. That was a such a long time ago.

If you have a life insurance policy thru the VA, paid off many many years ago. Do you get a periodic statement from veterans affairs on that policy. Telling you the amount, value etc. It was actually a NSLI policy. But Vgli would have been similiar I presume. Are you ever updated? i would appreciate any answers and figured you would be the people to ask. Thanks so much!!!

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Thank you gentlemen. That was helpful!!! and it gives me something to think about. I think my fathers policy was the kind that was paid off,(NSLI) that sat for years earning interest.( not the term life). This was so long ago. It must have been paid up in the early 1970's .Of course in those days it was affordable.

We did move in 1970, so that gives me something else to think about.

Maybe he never notified all those branches of the VA. That could be a possibility .

Oh I am catching on to the giant bureau called the Va!

I was just sort of curious that there was No information in our home that even suggested my father had a military policy. All the years I have been around the house, I have never seen any. I wondered if the Va ever updated anyone.

Thanks!!!!

Call the 1-800-827-1000 number and they will tell you if there is an insurance policy. They will also so give you the policy number to file a claim.

"Don't give up. Don't ever give up." Jimmy V