Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Finally Got Something

Rate this topic

gbennett

I received my brown envelope today and at first I was too nervous to open it, but after an hour of pacing and looking at it I got the courage to open it.

Herniated nucleus pulposis with radiculapathy/ 60% / effective date Jan 23, 2004.

They still denied the PTSD but I'll make a post about that later.

Now my concern is, will I loose money? The letter says I can't draw my Navy pension and the VA disability at the same time. What kind of Bull Sh*t is this. Am I being punished again or What ???????

I need some advice soon I'm not gonna go postal but I am in the mail room.

Back to reality I guess.. I did get 60% for now and I will go after the rest of it starting tonight.

I am getting tired of fighting the system

LOVE THIS SITE

gbennett

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a bunch of baloney!!!! Go to this link, print it out and send it to them.

Combat-Related Special Compensation

Simply put Combat-Related Special Compensation (CRSC) provides military retirees a monthly compensation that replaces their VA disability offset. This means that qualified military retirees with 20 or more years of service that have "combat related" VA-rated disability will no longer have their military retirement pay reduced by the amount of their VA disability compensation. Instead they will receive both their full military retirement pay and their VA disability compensation.

The 2004 National Defense Authorization Act, Combat Related Special Compensation was expanded to include disabilities incurred as a direct result of:

Armed Conflict

Hazardous Duty

Conditions Simulating War

An Instrumentality of War

Unlike concurrent receipt, CRSC will not be phased in over ten years. Once a military retiree has been determined to be qualified they will receive their regular retirement pay plus an additional sum based on their VA disability rating.

Note: CRSC is relatively new legislation, and was recently revised. Many of the policies and procedures are left to the discretion of the parent military branch, and are subject to change in the

From: http://www.military.com/Resources/Resource...38339--,00.html

That's a bunch of baloney!!!! Go to this link, print it out and send it to them.

Combat-Related Special Compensation

Simply put Combat-Related Special Compensation (CRSC) provides military retirees a monthly compensation that replaces their VA disability offset. This means that qualified military retirees with 20 or more years of service that have "combat related" VA-rated disability will no longer have their military retirement pay reduced by the amount of their VA disability compensation. Instead they will receive both their full military retirement pay and their VA disability compensation.

The 2004 National Defense Authorization Act, Combat Related Special Compensation was expanded to include disabilities incurred as a direct result of:

Armed Conflict

Hazardous Duty

Conditions Simulating War

An Instrumentality of War

Unlike concurrent receipt, CRSC will not be phased in over ten years. Once a military retiree has been determined to be qualified they will receive their regular retirement pay plus an additional sum based on their VA disability rating.

Note: CRSC is relatively new legislation, and was recently revised. Many of the policies and procedures are left to the discretion of the parent military branch, and are subject to change in the

From: http://www.military.com/Resources/Resource...38339--,00.html

I receive my Military Pension and Iam also rated at 60 percent. You will receive $400 a month in 2006 extra. Since you are retired there is no back pay for either Concerent Recpit or CRSC. If the VA taxes 10 years to rate your claim still no back pay. I have a claim since Aug 04 has finally went to the rateing board

Good Kuck

Jim

Delay, Delay, Delay another thousand Vets will die today. This has been almost a 9 year trip thru the VA maze.

Jim

I just got a letter today and I'M SCREWED AGAIN !!!!!

I have 19 years 11 months and 2 days active Service is what I was told.

They forced me out on a medical disability !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wanna hurt somebody so bad !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ain't this country great to treat us this way . I feel like I've been kicked in the head.

Adios All

Guest Namvet6567

Did they have to pay you any accrued leave time, when they medicalled you out?? That might bring it to the 20yr mark.