Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Pes Planus

Rate this question

elliottme2

Question

I filed for pes planus. The doctor from the c&p exam made it clear that it was due to military service and that my feet are increasingly getting worse. It was reported my feet as moderate-severe. only being able to walk up to 1/4 mile. When is 10%, 20% or 30% given?

The VA is like my drunk uncle Ed -

1. He owe's you money but will never admit to it.

2. He is such a liar you don't know when he's telling the truth.

3. If you tell him anything personal he will find away to use it against you.

4. He's not at all particuliar about who he screws.

5. While in the middle of a game he will change the rules.

6. He is a jack of all trades master of none

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

In my original claim I filed for feet, back and shin splints but they only did exams for feet and back. I'm not exactly sure what that means. I filed for benefits in Oct 08. So when things are approved I will get paid back to that date right? I originally went to the va after I got out of service and they made some orthotics for me because I had the same problems with my feet then as I do now Is it possibly they could pay back to that date if it showed in my records the problems were the same as I am having now?

Oh...and keep an eye out for further problems. Over the last year I've developed achilles tendinitis, knee pain, and bursitis on one side and a flare up of shin splints and lower back pain. Yes, all are likely connected to flat feet, the pronation irritates everything.

The VA is like my drunk uncle Ed -

1. He owe's you money but will never admit to it.

2. He is such a liar you don't know when he's telling the truth.

3. If you tell him anything personal he will find away to use it against you.

4. He's not at all particuliar about who he screws.

5. While in the middle of a game he will change the rules.

6. He is a jack of all trades master of none

• HadIt.com Elder

The VA is going to grant your claims back to the date you filed your claims. If you had filed claims up to a year after you got out they would go back to the day after you got out of the service. If you have not had an exam or gotten VCAA letter that included shin splints then I bet you don't get rated on them. You need to find out what happened to your shin split claim.

• HadIt.com Elder

I have lower back pain could flat feet cause that?

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

have you had any surgeries to your feet.

I'm hoping for 30%. I am the same way in that it hurts when I walk. When I get out of bed in the morning I think twice before setting my feet on the floor. Back hurts. Feels like my spine is compressed. Has anyone used a inversion table for their back?

You just described me to a 'T'! In the morning, my feet feel like slabs of dried leather. Like you, I really hesitate before putting feet to floor. Then I tend to hobble my way, leaning on cane and furniture, on my way to the bathroom.

Back problems? Ohhh yes! Look for a diagnosis of "altered gait". That can throw everything up the line outa whack! I have a bum ankle, which, with pes planus and "Trendelenburg Lurch. Add a ne diagnosos of planus fasciitis...

Oh! I'm rated at 10%.

Better luck to you...

Edited by Jayg

I have lower back pain could flat feet cause that?

According to my physical therapist--yes...if you overpronate as most do with flat feet, something has to compensate, which causes something else to compensate. It just works its way up the line. Hip, knee, ankle and yes even shin splints are the most common complications/secondary conditions caused by flat feet.

• HadIt.com Elder

With a strong c&p, looks like luck in on your side, sorry to hear about your feet though. VA prescribes orthotics inserts and support hose for me, helps me alot. My Quick question, did you have pes planus in your service medical records? or did the VA medical center or other provider note pes planus related to service?

Whatever the outcome, ask questions here, check and double check your dates to help them get it right the first time around!

Best to ya,

Cg'up2009!

I filed for pes planus. The doctor from the c&p exam made it clear that it was due to military service and that my feet are increasingly getting worse. It was reported my feet as moderate-severe. only being able to walk up to 1/4 mile. When is 10%, 20% or 30% given?

For my children, my God sent husband and my Hadit family of veterans, I carry on.

God Bless A m e r i c a, Her Veterans and their Families!