VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Hadit Elders - You Were Right

Rate this question

elliottme2

Question

;) The battle has begun. I talked to my DAV rep today and he said the my claims for pes planus, back, shoulder, neck and shin splints has been decided. I was denied on my back, shoulder, neck and shin splints. I was granted for pes planus but at 0%. For the life of me I can't figure how I was granted 0% for pes planus. It was noted on entrance exam but the doctor at the c&p said it was aggravated by the military plus the history of it in my smr plus have been seen by the VA since I got out and they made me custom orthotics plus sent me to physical rehab. I am shocked right now. Even my 4 year old can play connect the dots. I guess I shouldn't assume the VA is smarter than a 4 year old.

Ok...so what do I do now. I have not receive my official letter yet I am just going by what my DAV rep told me this morning.

I feel like the slow kid in my class just sucker punched me.

• Answers 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I went to Va podiatry appt and found out a couple of things.

1. I was told by the podiatrist that the orthotics that was made for me was incorrect and that is why I am getting not feeling better when I use them. So she is ordering a new pair for me but she said it might get rejected because the VA only makes 1 orthotics a year for a vet even though they made them wrong for me. She was really nice and said she would personally do a casting on my feet Thursday but if they actually make them that's another issue.

2. In 2001 I went to the VA to get new orthotics made. I saw podiatry and they sent me to get some made. Why when I went to podiatry the doc said I was never made any new ones because they don't show it in the records. The only thing it showed was a podiatrist statement saying I came in for ankle pain and was told the orthotics was fine. But I was made orthotics. I am going to try and find the ones they made me..It is crazy. Maybe that is one of the problems why they just rated me at 0% because they don't show I came in 2001 and had orthotics made. How do I prove that one?

• HadIt.com Elder

I have the same problem with my orthotics. They make my feet hurt even worse than without....every time! I have given up on them. It may be too late to correct the past records problem, but take the lesson learned and move forward. Problems like these are why we all need to have complete, up to date copies of our medical records at all times. Update them every month or two, and have corrections made to anything that is not right. :angry:

I am going back down to the Va today and get a copy of the medical appointment from yesterday. I would like to see what the diagnosis is she said I had meta something bilateral pes planus with meta? But i guess it doesn't to much matter what she said but what she wrote.

• HadIt.com Elder

You got punched by the VA. We all have fat lips from that experience. I have a claim that goes back 38 years (CUE). Regular appeals should not take that long if you have all your ducks in a row, but ask Berta about that. They made her wait 6 years and she had the best evidence. They did this by just refusing to read it. If the VA gets a hair up the ass on your claim they just dig in their heels.

Went back down to the VA and go my progress notes. She did note pes planus b/l metatarsalgia b/l (which was note noted by c&p doctor. Xerotc heels b/l and Inferior calcaneal rim pain b/l. xray from nov 08 noted mild hallux valgus.

One thing she said I didnt agree with is my complaining of back and hip pain I need to go back and see my pcp since they do not appear to be related to my foot pain. She wrote this even though I said my lower back get's worse the longer I stand on my feet. ????????