Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim Rated!

Rate this topic

smilen66

I hope by the time you read this...you have already received your official letter and big fat deposit. Unfortunately I am going to unintentionally burst your bubble.

I received my rating on May 18th, it is now July 27th, I have yet to receive my retro pay or my official letter. I have been bounced back and forth to from finance, authorization, and the rater 3x since May 18th.

Rest assured the info you have received is most likely correct, it just may take a bit longer to have in hand. I pray for yours to come this week and that you don't go through the anxiety that I have been through. Some day it will be done :rolleyes:

Many Blessings!

4myboys, thanks for bursting my bubble! On a serious note, I'm so very thankful I'm not in dire straits yet. I have a few unexpected bills (car and dog taxes)that need to be paid and I applied for a deferment on my student loan just this morning. Other than that, I'm holding on by a thread but still holding on.

Which VARO is handling your claim? Maybe, since some handle claims faster, one of us will get theirs this week or maybe both. My prayers are with you too!

Oh yea, I did call the 1-800 number and gave them my banking information.I guess veterans don't make that kind of call often because he got off the phone and came back to say he would take the information.

Pleasant dreams about lots of $$$$$$!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

If I was hurting for money I thin I would wait on dog taxes.

Good Luck I hope it comes quick

I did have to wait 5 and 1/2 years for mine and I had a simple rule. I paid my mortgage and my utility bills and told the bastards that called on credit cards they had to wait on Uncle Sam. Most of them got it and I caught up later. I bought a 5 dollar id for my dogs but did not pay the 35 dollar city tax for my dogs and I get the divination for the dogs in the country and still don;t pay Dallas City Dog Taxes. When they start making cat owners pay the fee I might start.

If I was hurting for money I thin I would wait on dog taxes.

Good Luck I hope it comes quick

I did have to wait 5 and 1/2 years for mine and I had a simple rule. I paid my mortgage and my utility bills and told the bastards that called on credit cards they had to wait on Uncle Sam. Most of them got it and I caught up later. I bought a 5 dollar id for my dogs but did not pay the 35 dollar city tax for my dogs and I get the divination for the dogs in the country and still don;t pay Dallas City Dog Taxes. When they start making cat owners pay the fee I might start.

"If I was hurting for money I thin I would wait on dog taxes." I agree. unfortunatedly I've received notification ( 3 weeks ago) informing me they were garnishing my check in 30 days. All I can do is wait it out...it is really out of my control.

Thanks for your wish of luck!

4myboys, thanks for bursting my bubble! On a serious note, I'm so very thankful I'm not in dire straits yet. I have a few unexpected bills (car and dog taxes)that need to be paid and I applied for a deferment on my student loan just this morning. Other than that, I'm holding on by a thread but still holding on.

Which VARO is handling your claim? Maybe, since some handle claims faster, one of us will get theirs this week or maybe both. My prayers are with you too!

Oh yea, I did call the 1-800 number and gave them my banking information.I guess veterans don't make that kind of call often because he got off the phone and came back to say he would take the information.

Pleasant dreams about lots of $$$$$$!

I'm in San Diego. They handle claims pretty fast, but then there's always mine :P I must note that mine has some back pay to 1998, which apparently requires a few signatures and this has caused it to be checked over a gazillion times, in which of coarse they have found a mistake each time.

Very frustrating. Thank God we are able to pay for what we need...I would be camping in front of the VARO if we were in dire need!

Keep us posted...Good Luck!

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use