Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Can Vet Add Comments After C&p Exam?

Rate this question

cowgirl

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Okay, don't recall where I read it or if dreamin', is it possible to add additional thoughts or comments to,towards,in addition to the c&p exam report before its rated? I know that the c&p and clear medical opinion sets the disability or increase. But after the exam, there were things I thought about that would better answer the doctors questions. For example, how far I walk, how often I walk, whats very difficult for me to do around the house, how much my legs swell, etc...

Thanks for letting me know if I am thinking overtime here~!

Cowgirl'up2009!

For my children, my God sent husband and my Hadit family of veterans, I carry on.

God Bless A m e r i c a, Her Veterans and their Families!

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

cg,

Of couse it would have been best to state this information during your c&p.

All I know of to do is put it on a paper (a copy) and submit it to VA with your

claim number on it and get it date stamped.

Others will chime in.

carlie

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

You can send in a statement that includes anything that you feel will help your claim. The perferred form is a VA Form 21-4138, however a letter will do.

"Don't give up. Don't ever give up." Jimmy V

• HadIt.com Elder

It would be good to get a copy of your C&P first.

That way if you have any rebutal to the examiners findings you can include it.

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks all, got the c&p copy and plan to get the 'response' together for submission. The c&p was a 'review' of a recent one, additonal Dr. comments were added and just slam me. In fact, the words used - 'can do sedentary.deskwork, recently worked, has good skills, has done xxx work (namely old jobs military duties), etc..'. Funny thing, military duty/jobs were physically demanding, I was young and haven't done those in decades! I have chronic sc conditions and am on ssdi way before my ssa 'retirement' age.

Husband worries responding could reduce ratings. I try to reassure him, things need stated factually.

Cg'up2009!

It would be good to get a copy of your C&P first.

That way if you have any rebutal to the examiners findings you can include it.

For my children, my God sent husband and my Hadit family of veterans, I carry on.

God Bless A m e r i c a, Her Veterans and their Families!

You can write everything down before hand so there's no reason to forget anything. I start with the most troublsome problems first so as to assentuate them.

He will ask how you're doing. Never say "OK" or "FINE." You're not either one of those since you're having an exam in the first place.

One rule I follow bring up your most disabling problems at least 3 times during the exam. That's just a rule I follow so the examiner doesn't forget to put it in.

Most likely, even if you write a letter after the exam, the VA will most likely go by what's in the exam. They will question why you didn't bring the issues up during the exam and figure they must not be much of a problem since you didn't reveal them.

Frank

Thanks all, got the c&p copy and plan to get the 'response' together for submission. The c&p was a 'review' of a recent one, additonal Dr. comments were added and just slam me. In fact, the words used - 'can do sedentary.deskwork, recently worked, has good skills, has done xxx work (namely old jobs military duties), etc..'. Funny thing, military duty/jobs were physically demanding, I was young and haven't done those in decades! I have chronic sc conditions and am on ssdi way before my ssa 'retirement' age.

Husband worries responding could reduce ratings. I try to reassure him, things need stated factually.

Cg'up2009!

Edited by WHOLESALE

Hello All Hope All Is Well.

If you wish for your input to be part of the record make sure you provide it to the VAMC as Well GENERAL Counsel and VARO cover your bases and dates .Good Luck I am in Remand from BVA argh!!!!