Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Fast Va Telephone Response

Rate this topic

Papa

I got a call from my DAV Service Officer this week and was told that my claim was being rated. I called the VA 1-800 number and got an immediate response. I was told that my claim had been rated and was awaiting for a supervisor, a senior manager and a post committee for signatures and approval. I called the DAV and they still thought that it was still being rated. His comment was that I knew more then he did!! I was just overly anixous and hoped that he would actually have more information then I got from the VA. Would the VA go through all this level of signatures if they were going to deny my claim?

Papa

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Papa - all rated claims, awards or denials, go through a review and signature process. It is called post determination. The claim is reviewed by a senior supervisor and then off to post determination for production of the award or denial letter and then signature.

Thanks for all the replies. Since I have been waiting forever, what is a few more weeks. I guess that I was thinking a denial would just be a form letter, quick and easy. I was hopeing that since it was going through all these stages it might be good news. Now, I'm not as hopeful.

Papa

hang in the I hope you get good news I was Told the Same Thing by the DAV back in december I to calld the VA and was told the same thing i didt get my rating till Febuary I was rated IU I did Call a bunch of times In January was Told unofficaly I was Granted IU I wold keep calling till you get a persan that will tell you Good luck

• HadIt.com Elder

My last denial letter came back from the AMC and I ended up knowing more that the DAV folks. I stupidly gave them my $250.00 and my hope is that the BVA will approve some items with the help of the new evidence. The gal at the BVA told me to create and sign a form waiving my AMC denial be sent to the RO in Cleveland, and have the BVA review and make a decision. I sent the form poste haste with some additional evidence and a signed nexus letter for my ankle. So as bad as the 1-800 don't know nothing line is sometimes I get better info than I ever got from DAV. Of course now I am back at the BVA I call their status line.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use