VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Radiologist Comments

Rate this question

sgmdae

Question

Parachute injury...Right Shoulder..Right Shoulder looks normal...There is seperation of right acromioclavicular joint. A soft tissue

calcification is noted at this level. Trophis changes are seen in the lateral end of the right clavicle.

Impression: Old injury abd slight separation of the right acromioclavicular joint. Normal right sholder otherwise

Right knee: Mild bony spurring are seen in the bones of the right knee. Impression: Mild osteroarthritis of right knee

Chest: Evidence of an old injury or old postoperative change are seen in the lateral end of the right clavicle. There is evidence of bilateral thickening along the lateral chest walls

Imptrssion: Bilateral plueral thickening may be due to asbestosis. Post operative changes of old injury at the lateral end of right clavicle. Normal chest otherwise

I dont understand the comment of opst operative change are seen, never had an operation

Can anyone tell me where I am at with these X-rays

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder
Parachute injury...Right Shoulder..Right Shoulder looks normal...There is seperation of right acromioclavicular joint. A soft tissue

calcification is noted at this level. Trophis changes are seen in the lateral end of the right clavicle.

Impression: Old injury abd slight separation of the right acromioclavicular joint. Normal right sholder otherwise

Right knee: Mild bony spurring are seen in the bones of the right knee. Impression: Mild osteroarthritis of right knee

Chest: Evidence of an old injury or old postoperative change are seen in the lateral end of the right clavicle. There is evidence of bilateral thickening along the lateral chest walls

Imptrssion: Bilateral plueral thickening may be due to asbestosis. Post operative changes of old injury at the lateral end of right clavicle. Normal chest otherwise

I dont understand the comment of opst operative change are seen, never had an operation

Can anyone tell me where I am at with these X-rays

Actually, it says "Evidence of an old injury OR old postoperative change......

As far as "where I am at", I have no idea what your claim involves so it is hard for me to tell "where I am at".

"Right shoulder looks normal.." will get you nowhere, if it is a part of your claim, for this is what the "rater" at your RO will latch onto with both hands and NEVER let go......lotsa luck with that one.

As far as the mild osteoarthritis of the right knee, if this is part of your claim, then it could get you 10%, on a good day. But, of course, what you will have to overcome with that diagnosis is whether the knee would have shown this level of arthritis in the normal age progression, or whether it was more arthritis than would have been normally expected and whether that increase in the level of the disease was caused by your service.

I have, as I said, no way to tell you, one way or the other, for I have no idea as to what your claim entails.

I agree with Larry. Gotta watch that ole nasty OR hahaha.

- Old injury abd slight separation of the right acromioclavicular joint If your claim is for loss of range of motion in the raising of your arm this is/could be supportative for a rating.