Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Proof Of Receipt By Va

Rate this question

Ricky

Question

What is the best way to prove that VA received your claim. I have two plus my Form 9(appeal). The two claims were signed for by VARO in August 05. Now VA is claiming that they do not exist. I have the green signed returned receipts for both plus an email where they told me to fax the claims to them with the fax confirmation sheet.

However, now they are telling me that if I want to submitt a new claim then it must be in writting etc........

My biggest concern is my current appeal. The form 9 is due at the VARO on 30 March 06. I have been such a pain in their butt that I am now thinking that their stern denials of the other two claims is them simply setting me up for failure on the appeal by trying to claim it was never received. I already have the green card back but it really does not prove anything (according to VA).. Anyone else have such an experience with VA. I am sure that it is just a simple mistake as I know the helping VA would do no such harm to a vet.

Ricky

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Guest Berta

Rocky- what VARO is this?

That is just an unacceptable response you got from them-

Here is the DRO job description-

http://72.14.207.104/search?q=cache:gyPtup...k&cd=1&ie=UTF-8

I emailed the link to my DRO's boss at the VARO- raising hell when the DRO failed right from the git go to extend me my rights under 38 CFR.The old decision was overruled or cued and they started the DRO review again-

"due to a lack of active process. Nothing else. No rhyme or reason. The incorrect use of the english language and " etc-

I have NEVER seen a statement like that before - do they mean due to your lack of active process or theirs???

Also the I-9 form does NOT have an area for DRO hearing request-only BVA hearing request-

This SOC is disgraceful-

If you tell me what VARO I can find the Director's name-

I suggest that you send a copy of this letter to their director asking them to fully clarify the statements in it.

"Sorry but I did feel that I needed to tell them how to do their job AND I DID. "

YES- I have done that too---

The VA has a hierarchy-

The VSM is the DRO's boss (but sometimes also a DRO too) Their boss is the Director-

Directors of VAROs dont like to get complaints from claimants.

Because they have to act on them-

You could either send a letter about all this to their director or-

send a Query as a Service Complaint via the VA web site query section-

put attention Director.(or do both)

When I got a lousy SOC in 2005 I stated on the RE: part of my VA query "What the Hell is this"-

and then Attention to: the VSM and the Director- sent a copy to my vet rep too-

within two days they had a RO conference wih my vet rep and found the SOC was as ludicrous as I said it was, and in violation of my rights-under basic VA regs,as well as DRO regs in M21-1.

Maybe you shouldn't use the Hell part-like I did-they are lucky I didnt say something else-

After my long ordeals in the past with them I see no reason to be nice -when they violate basic VA regs I say pounce on them immediately.

Dont accept this at all. Berta

Edited by Berta

• HadIt.com Elder

I believe Flip said recently that if the VA has evidence you submitted in support of your claim and they do not list it in your decision that is CUE. They may choose to ignore the evidence but they have to list it.

Berta

It is the Montgomery VARO. I would love to know the way to contact the director directly. All I have been able to get so far via email is the bottle washers on the contact team acting like they are the service center manager. If it is the service center manager answering my emails, lord help us all. You would not believe some of the responses that I have received.

Ricky

Guest Berta

Ricky- in the 2005 edition of the VBM they have director names of VAROs-

BUT- Montgomery says{Vacant} for the Director's name!

They do have two numbers- 1-334-213-3400 and the Fax number 1-334-213-3407

Guess NO ONE is running their show!

These are some internal desk phone numbers at the Montgomery VARO- but they are very old-

I dont have the area code on this one - 534-7190 (director's Secretary desk), 205 223-7442-

Hotline Montgomery VARO.

The NVLSP published lots of VARO phone numbers in the 1990s.

My VARO still uses the same number for their director's office.But their area code changed.

The Hotline number got me an adjudicator at 7 AM once in 1996-He had made a big error in my claim and I was pretty upset.

Guess many claimants called these numbers if they had those VBMs because many were changed since.

Another way maybe is to send them a Query at the VA web site but say you want phone response-

you wont get the hard copy of an email response BUT one of their secret numbers will probably show up on your call box.

Somebody up there should be acting as the director-(they probably all are "acting" that way- as you inferred)-no wonder they are making so many errors on your claim-

I will see what else I can find out when the feds open tomorrow and let you know.