Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dr Refused To Perform A C&p Exam!?!

Rate this question

Jayg

Question

Ok, I went through a C&P from hades recently. One problem I have, and claim on, is peripheral neuropathy. I was examined for that about a year ago. The problem is, the doctor only stated "idiopathic" as the root of the problem. Not good enough for the C&P doctor (me either) so she ordered another test.

The nerve doc says this is too soon to do the test again so refused to do it. He just said the C&P doc would have to call him.

So where does this leave me??? I did my part, showed up, checked in and was signed out.

So now what?! :P

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Is the PN directly due to SC diabetes and claimed as secondary to DMII?

If not- I have only found one PN claim ,not due to diabetes, awarded at the BVA last year.There could be more.

I posted a link here somewhere as it was first one I ever saw.

The veteran had obtained one or two independent medical opinions.I think his SMRs also revealed numbness in lower extremities and he also had buddy statements.

Berta, you are not very encouraging. But truthfulness is most appreciated.

To date, I have NOT (VA health records emphasis) been diagnosed with diabetes. Personally, I had always thought this pain and numbness have more to do with pinched nerves than anything else and a few trips to a 'good' (there are such if admittedly hard to find) chiropractor would do much to relieve it. But... my doctor (in most ways a truly good doctor dedicated to his patients health and well being) does not have much use for chiropractors so will not recommend such treatment.

Pete - "Good Luck, Just had to say it."

The thought is really appreciated. And in good truth, luck seems to be more effective than prayer in dealing with VA. But I ain't holding my breath on either one's account. No, I just trudge along knowing all this is a bunch of expletive deleted. that will take it's own good time.

It had looked pretty good right after my dro hearing last- March I think it was now, or maybe early April. But I haven't gotten a decision from that hearing yet and discussing things with Jim Strickland, he allows I likely won't get one this year at all. The way things have gone there's no reason to believe it'll be any better than any others before. Heck! The way they're going, I half expect to lose some benefit! In any case, jim and Larry both suggest I hang on til I get a decision and they'll recommend some lawyers. I expect those lawyers will be very good at dealing with VA. B)

It just hadn't ever have to come to this... <_<