Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dr Refused To Perform A C&p Exam!?!

Rate this question

Jayg

Question

Ok, I went through a C&P from hades recently. One problem I have, and claim on, is peripheral neuropathy. I was examined for that about a year ago. The problem is, the doctor only stated "idiopathic" as the root of the problem. Not good enough for the C&P doctor (me either) so she ordered another test.

The nerve doc says this is too soon to do the test again so refused to do it. He just said the C&P doc would have to call him.

So where does this leave me??? I did my part, showed up, checked in and was signed out.

So now what?! :P

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

ANy decision made by the VA can be appealed. Unfortunately at the VAMC if they deny at Appeal you only have 30 days to go to the VA.

• HadIt.com Elder

1 year is not too soon for a NCS.

The neuro doc is full of crap.

If you need to go see the patient rep or ask to see the chief of staff.

The neurologist does not want to speculate or form an opinion about the cause of your PN.

You do have the right to know what your options are.

J

yep yep, make sure you get a copy of that exam next time around. Get a copy of that test too.

frank

The results of that prior exam are in my VA records. The Dr.s point was that the original C&P dr. need only look up the results.

But, and I pointed this out to the neuro Doc, the question the C&P doc wanted answered was 'what caused the neuropathy?'

I think JBasser is right. The doc does not want to opine. I further pointed out that all that was required was for him to say it was "as likely as not the result of..." but he wouldn't go there, at least, not in my presence. He only said she'd (original C&P examiner) would have to call and talk to him.

That doesn't sound too good for me. <_<

Is the PN directly due to SC diabetes and claimed as secondary to DMII?

If not- I have only found one PN claim ,not due to diabetes, awarded at the BVA last year.There could be more.

I posted a link here somewhere as it was first one I ever saw.

The veteran had obtained one or two independent medical opinions.I think his SMRs also revealed numbness in lower extremities and he also had buddy statements.