VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Sometimes The Va Distorts Information

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

I hate to say this but I know more about Panic Disorder than most of the shrinks I have seen at the VA. I learned by using the internet to discuss it with people who have panic disorder. You would be surprised at what people with panic disorder share,

One of these days I will tell y'all

Pete

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, Pete, I am my own expert witness. Well, not really since I just got a BA in psychology, but I was in group therapy for about 25 years. That is where I got my life back together from living on the street.

Your 25 years of clinical treatment gives you more insight than most green psychologists, which I am posting for the sake of those without the benefit of psych degrees, but as far as the VA is concerned that would be irrelevant other than proof of treatment and notes etc.

Your Psychology Degree (BA) should be weighted in my opinion since you know most everything a psychologist knows, minus the clincal work and thesis/course work. Point being your statements regarding pschological disorders (Psycho-Pathology) should and I wish I could find the legal standing on that for a undergraduate degree with extensive personal experience in a particular aspect compared to a masters degree with no background except what they have read and learned under the clinical guidance of a professor.

Naturally whatever the answer is will be that which benefits the loyal opposition (VA).

You have accomplished a lot and should be proud of that. That is a long way to travel! Not just everybody can make such a transition.

I suspect though the only thing the VA would consider would be a Phd. in the proper form IAW CFR 38. I haven't received the VBM yet but I suppose that would give guidance on that.