Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Done W/ C&p Exam From My Claim. Waiting Period?

Rate this question

bob_abad

Question

Hi gang,

QQ? Just completed a C & P exam of my hypertension 'appeal' claim few weeks ago. The VA service rep & the VA examining doctor indicated I have a strong case of my HTN claim. It is secondary to DM-II and Diabetic Nephropathy, and HTN was diagnosed later. According to VA docs/guideline, I should have been granted.

Been a while, how long is the waiting period for completion of my claim? Does this look promissing or another 'potential' denial in the works? Been working with VA on this one for more than two years now.

Hear from you soon. Thanks for your time..

From Bob,

4th Inf. Div; Central Highland Campaign

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Bob:

Usually and I use the term loosely the VARO makes a decision within weeks or months after a C&P.

Good Luck and it sounds promising

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

Hi Pete,

Good to hear from you, and thanks for the encouragement. BTW, were you the one awaiting or working on OSA claim? Just waiting to wrap up this HTN claim, and go next w/ OSA which is a heck of a challenge!!! It was incurred(OSA) after service discharge for than 3 decades. Be connecting it with AO service related disablement, etc...

Any hints for OSA prep work/claim is much appreciated. Feel free to PM or bobrabad@gmail.com.

Thanks again!

From Bob,

4th Inf. Div; Central Highland Campaign

bob_abad

My experience,

I had a cp exam for an increase July 22 and I was told they made a rating decision Aug 1. I am still waiting for Post determination to check, approve then post the rating on the computers at VA- and of course if approved send retro.

I hope to hear soon, I'm spinning with anticipation- I call every now and then but nothing yet, they keep saying "your there", "any day now".

Good luck

mi amigo

• HadIt.com Elder
Hi Pete,

Good to hear from you, and thanks for the encouragement. BTW, were you the one awaiting or working on OSA claim? Just waiting to wrap up this HTN claim, and go next w/ OSA which is a heck of a challenge!!! It was incurred(OSA) after service discharge for than 3 decades. Be connecting it with AO service related disablement, etc...

Any hints for OSA prep work/claim is much appreciated. Feel free to PM or bobrabad@gmail.com.

Thanks again!

Its not me. Good Luck

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

With DMII due to AO- I imagine they will award and sooner than later-

I agree with Pete that this could take only weeks-

then again maybe a month or more-

some ROs will take longer than that

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

I wish I could be as optimistic but my experience is that if the VA gets a chance to delay the claim, they run with it. Delays are the one thing the VA is an expert at.

Delays are profitable for the VA..each delay means the VA gets an interest free loan from the Veteran since interest on delayed claims is never paid. The formula is simple: Millions of claims delayed = Billions of dollars in interest free loans.

Just think of what you could do if a million Veterans got together and loaned you a billion dollars at zero interest..and when you had to pay one Veteran back his money, then you simply borrowed more money from another Veteran, so the VA NEVER has to pay that billion dollars back.

If someone would loan me a billion dollars interest free..like Veterans do unwillingly for the VA, you could take this free interest money and lend it back to others and charge them. If you lent a Billion dollars out at 8% interest, you would get a "free" $80 million dollars per year. This is how much the VA steals from its Veterans for each billion dollars in claims they delay. With a 905,000 compensation claim backlog plus another 254,000 education claim backlog, the VA is getting billions of dollars in interest free loans from 1.1 million Veterans..and this number is growing.

It is like selling cars..they sell more cars when they offer zero percent financing. So, the VA delays more claims because they get zero percent financing on all of em.

As long as there remains financial incentives for the VA to delay claims, they will do so. The only way to stop this is to charge the VA interst on delayed claims and for the VA to stop paying bonuses to employees who delay Veterans claims.

Edited by broncovet