Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ssdi - 5 Year Limit

Rate this question

tiso787

Question

Hi everyone,

I have had my ups and downs with SS before, as with many of you, I was fighting SS at the same time with VA. I got a letter from SS one day, which states that i no longer qualify for SSDI, and this was at the 5 year mark, I was fighting SS all this time not knowing my time was running out.

During this 5 yr rule, It looked like i was going to get SSDI by the way the SS board acted, I know now that it was a dog and pony show.

I also noticed to, during this time frame, my medical card was yanked from under me, this was how i was getting my meds since i live so far from the VA hospital (this was before i found out VA ships meds).

Maybe I pissed someone off at SS, but thats in the past.

So now i have my medical card back with VA as backup for my meds.

Just my experience,

pete

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Pete - long time no see!!!!!

I forget the whole problem you had- but- have you asked any SSA lawyer to help you?

There is a five year regulation- but it seems to me -if one is disabled and can prove they could not work in that period of time-perhaps they could prove they were too ill to file within those 5 years.

I had local vet here with the same problem----he was found 100% PTSD by VA retro and I think he could use that retro date to support why he could not file for SSA in time--Berta

• HadIt.com Elder

Berta is right all you need to prove is that you became disabled withing 5 years of not working.