Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Not Eligable For Ssdi

Rate this question

witchhouse

Question

I am Not eligable for SSDI because I only worked 2 of my last 10 years. I have applied for IU along with an increase in my SC for PTSD.

Is there anything else available for people in my position?

The past 10 years I have tried to work and I have been successfull for a few months and then I get confused and forgetful and parenoid and isolate. I tried this back in 1999 and again in 2005 with the same results. I am medicated for PTSD now 1 year ago I was diagnosed with PTSD and I didn't believe it so I tried to work and this is what happened.

Thanks,

Witchhouse

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

Mine VA comp kept from getting SSDI (was approved for SSD tho), medicaid, foodstamps, help with my electric bill and every type of help that I've applied for.

The VA won't pay me enough to live on...jut enough to keep me from getting help from anyone else.

One of these days, my appeal will come up.

Won't it ?????????????????????????????

SeattleShay:

I believe you are a little confused. Your VA Comp does not keep you from getting SSDI ( Social Security Disability Insurance). You can receive VA Comp and SSDI at the same time with out an offset from either.

If you was turned down for SSDI it was for something else not VA Comp. VA Comp will have an effect on SSI (Supplemental Security Income ) as receiving SSI is based on your income. If your S/C disabilities are not rated as much that you think they should be then file appeals to get them rated higher. VA Comp is rated from 0% to 100%, where as SSDI is rated as total disabled, no inbetween.

Hope that this helps. Good Luck and thank you for your service to our country.

Casper 1956 US Army 1976

100% S/C, SSDI, CRSC