Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Strange How A Non Veteran Can Sometimes Get Money From Va Much Quicker Than A Veteran

Rate this question

Pete53

Question

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Pete, I agree. Social Security disability claims are pretty much decided in 90 days. Veterans takes at least double that time.

I think the reason VA settled that $45 grand so quickly is probably because the VA lawyers were very happy to get by with just 45k, when that Veteran could have gotten a great lawyer and got ten times that amount. So, the Va gave him his money before he changed his mind and decided to hold out for much more!

Also, in this case the VA probably would have to pay interest, so lets get it paid ASAP. Since Veterans never get interest, but the VA gets an interest free loan, lets pay Veterans back 20 or 30 years from now, that is, if they dont die first.

• HadIt.com Elder
Pete, I agree. Social Security disability claims are pretty much decided in 90 days. Veterans takes at least double that time.

I think the reason VA settled that $45 grand so quickly is probably because the VA lawyers were very happy to get by with just 45k, when that Veteran could have gotten a great lawyer and got ten times that amount. So, the Va gave him his money before he changed his mind and decided to hold out for much more!

Also, in this case the VA probably would have to pay interest, so lets get it paid ASAP. Since Veterans never get interest, but the VA gets an interest free loan, lets pay Veterans back 20 or 30 years from now, that is, if they dont die first.

That was my point I thought that he was just a civilian but maybe I missed it in the fine print. Yeah beating the crap out of someone in front of their girlfriend 45 grand probably light.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

I didn't read where he was vet, but walking across va property to catch a ride and was attacked as he had his fiance with him. They wanted to settle the case with him fast...him and the dept of vets affairs and the va police officer. He should have held out, as they were obviously in the wrong and attacked him because they thought he was drunk! So when is it a crime for someone to walk, whether or not drunk, esp on va property...they didn't say they thought he was tresspassing, just thought he was drunk...but meanwhile the va doesn't want to settle vets ligit claims...

That was my point I thought that he was just a civilian but maybe I missed it in the fine print. Yeah beating the crap out of someone in front of their girlfriend 45 grand probably light.