Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Has Anyone Noticed:

Rate this question

broncovet

Question

The backlog on paychecks and bonuses for VA employee executives, including Shinseki: Zero

The backlog for disabled Veterans: about 1 million and growing at 16% per year, altho the VA is not sure about the number.

The backlog for new GI bill Vets: VA is not sure, but somewhere around 254,000

Are there any VA executives who would like to Venture a guess as to the reasons for these numbers?

More importantly, are there any Veteran Employee executives who are willing to forego their bonus/paycheck until all Veterans are paid?

Make a list of VA executives willing to wait on their paycheck until all Veterans are paid, and then simply fire the rest.

To qualify as a VA executive, the VA employee executive (candidate) needs to know what it is like to do without a paycheck, so that they can be sympathetic with Veterans who have to do the same.

This would apply to any VA executive (or executive candidate) earning over $100,000 per year, Peons earning less would still get their checks on time.

Edited by broncovet

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Years ago, I was a business owner. Guess who got paid LAST, if there was any money left over? Not the employees..the owner got paid last. Why? Because we had committments and we made sure customers and employees were taken care of first. Any business owner knows this. Guess who got "taken care of" BEFORE the employees? Right..the customers.

The VA works the exact opposite of private business. First priority..Executive pay and bonuses. Next Priority..Employee pay and bonuses. Then, IF there is anything left after, oh say, a squandered $342 million on a failed IT projects, then the Veterans will get their due.

With these priorities mixed up like this, is it any wonder why people are so opposed to the government taking over health care, and running it like the VA? Americans would only get health care if there was any money left over after Executive bonuses, Employee bonuses, and squandered projects.

• HadIt.com Elder

I feel the pain in these posts, however, bonuses for VA employees and the vets' claims backlog, is like comparing apples to pears. I like the thought though.

"it shall be remembered"...

"We few"

"We happy few"

• HadIt.com Elder
The suggestion is one that would get managers motivated...I am onboard with suspending the pay of GS-12's and above until the VA backlog no longer exist...I bet you would get some people motivated with the quickness...All we Vets ask if for you all to DO YOUR JOB...

Believe it or not, the GS-12's are really low on the totem-pole. The folks that appoint them (GS-13 to 15) are only the middlemen. The SES's is where the real problems lay. If an incompetent GS-15 is placed in charge of something, its most likely because that incompetent GS-15 does not pose a threat to the SES's own job. So, the 15's do it to the 14's and so forth, until the whole system runs so poorly that you can compare it to a three legged dog winning at the race track.

Ever see a three-leg dog win at the race track? Of course not, however, if the only dog in the race was the same three-legged dog;- well then he's got to win. That's how the VA is, a three leg dog that will lose anther leg here in a couple more years, but hey- that two-legged dog has got to win- right.

I often wondered what would happen if the SSA tried to adjudicate veterans claims and get a % of funding from the VA for cases adjudicated timely and soundly. Wow, what a concept, having other agency's help with the back-log. Think it's to far out there? Whom has ever gone the the post office (postal service) to apply for their passport (department of state)?

So be it on my rant toward congress and the one-legged dog that somehow wins all the races.