Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Victory Sleep Apnea

Rate this question

windy city

Question

after 3 years and several months of going back and further with the va I finally got my sleep apnea awarded 50% dating back to may 2006 this B) will put me at the smc rate of M. but on the other hand they stated that the board does not feel that my disabilities are static in nature so I am being scheduled for a future examination in sep. 2011. I am confused when they are reffering to my disabilities not static in nature can somebody explain this to me. I want to thanks all of the people on this site that told me to not quit and persuit my claim. Another victory.

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Hi windy city,

Congrats for the win!!!

I am currently researching and prepping up for my upcoming OSA claim very soon. It wil be a challenge. Mine will be case re-open with new evidence. My OSA was incurred decades after service discharge. It is secondary to other conditions. Wait & see.

From Bob,

4th Inf. Div; Central Highland Campaign

I am actually claiming it as secondary to DM2. I just had the C&P exam and I gave the examiner a peer reviewed article linking OSA with DM2. Now like you guys I am waiting to see if it will work!

Vietnam 66, 67/68. Combat Aircrewman doing search and rescue in N Vietnam. HS-6

Combat Vets Association

try to get your doctor to nexus it to your diabetes. I feel you should not waste your time with these va doctors because they are not going to do it for you. I tried it for my sleep apnea and they came up with some sorry excuses. I wish you good luck.

I am actually claiming it as secondary to DM2. I just had the C&P exam and I gave the examiner a peer reviewed article linking OSA with DM2. Now like you guys I am waiting to see if it will work!

Congratulations, Windy..

Your case just verifies what Berta has said...it takes an IMO to win a lot of claims because VA and QTC docs remember who signs their paychecks, and wont go against the VA. The VA often flexes its "money muscles" to get what it wants, even tho that money is SUPPOSED to belong to Veterans.

"the board does not feel that my disabilities are static in nature so I am being scheduled for a future examination in sep. 2011."

Doesn't the 'Board' have enough to do without pretending to be practicing doctors?

And they do this without physically examining the vet in question, just some records that are most likely incomplete.

Yawn.

sledge

Those that need help the most are the ones least likely to receive help from the VA.

It's up to us to help each other.

sledge twkelly@hotmail.com