Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Statement Of The Case ( Soc )

Rate this question

militarynurse

Question

VAF, Good tip. Thanks.

By the way, whenever a veteran receives an IRIS response, print it and file it. Don't just save the message with the link in your e-mail. After a short time, the link becomes dead and you won't be able to retrieve the response when you click on it, the thing times out.

So you'll want to make a hard copy of it and file it.

mn,

I would go to my VARO inperson and verify that they

are in possession of my NOD and inquire as to what

stage of adjudication my NOD is at.

jmho.

carlie

Good suggestion...I'm fairly sure the NOD is in because that's what the RO hearing was about.

Why is it there seems to be a double standard?...i.e., time limits strictly imposed on Veterans for filing NODs or appeals, ( or they lose ), but no limits are imposed on the VA to timely respond to the Veterans.

It's been over a year since my Notice Of Disagreement ( NOD ) with the VA's decision denying my claim(s). Anyone know how long it takes to get a Statement Of The Case?

I think someone already indicated that it varies...but if it helps, it took them over a year to get back to me. I have an NOD pending now and we'll see how much time it takes with this one.

• HadIt.com Elder
It's been over a year since my Notice Of Disagreement ( NOD ) with the VA's decision denying my claim(s). Anyone know how long it takes to get a Statement Of The Case?

You should have received your "Statement of the Case", a long time ago. Your appeal went to the BVA last Dec????

You should have received your "Statement of the Case", a long time ago. Your appeal went to the BVA last Dec????

That is correct the RO, having denied all my pending claims in March 2008 on a pretext, and after the hearing, ( but again ordering yet another round of redundant C&P exams ), "wanted to see", after several months of sitting on the favorable to me C&P results, if the BVA would assert jurisdiction over only 3 of several of my claims...the same three claims which were initially remanded to the BVA by the Court...then the BVA without deciding anything after sitting on them for about 1 year sent those 3 claims back to the RO...upon which they were promptly again shipped off this time to the Appeals Management Center where they presently are. My other claims remain in limbo under appeal at the RO without providing me a SOC on my NOD.