Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Should I Add New Evidence?

Rate this question

deano

Question

Hey experts,

I'm new at this so bear with me please. I filed a claim in 2004 via the internet. Months went by before I got a response from the VA.

In the packet of papers they sent was a note telling me to sign the signature sheet and that I had forgotten to do it when I filed.there was no way for me to sign a sheet that didn't exist on the website.

The last letter I got from them asks me if I have any new evidence to present to them before they make a decision on my claim filed November 2005, almost a year after I filed on the web.

Are they trying to pull something here?

Also, my claim is for exposure to JP-4 and consists NHL,migraines,seizures, and brain tumor. Just recently I was diagnosed with a rare tumor (syringamatoid eccrine carcinoma) on my scalp with possible lymph node involvement. I'm having surgery this week for that and then skin grafts and blood vessels replaced on my head 2 weeks after if no further complications.

Should I submit this info to the VA? I've read on this site that they use this new evidence as a way of changing the effective date. Can you give any more info on which doctor to get a 'nexus' letter from?

I know some of you have already addressed some of these issues but I am a little overwhelmed and confused right now,so if you could try to explain it again I would appreciate any input.

Thank You

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Hey experts,

I'm new at this so bear with me please. I filed a claim in 2004 via the internet. Months went by before I got a response from the VA.

In the packet of papers they sent was a note telling me to sign the signature sheet and that I had forgotten to do it when I filed.there was no way for me to sign a sheet that didn't exist on the website.

The last letter I got from them asks me if I have any new evidence to present to them before they make a decision on my claim filed November 2005, almost a year after I filed on the web.

The VA's game is to confuse and irritate you into dropping the claim or just giving up!

Believe me that is hard not to do, I have had 3 claims won, and three mistakes made. Anything you file with the VA must be sent registered return receipt requested. And I do mean anything. the "NEXUS" is a statement from the Doctor that states that your condition is the result of exposure to JP 4, or that it is more likely than not the direct result of exposure to Jet fuel.

Another possibility is that the Court of Veterans appeals has just issued a new ruling in favor of certain Veterans that the VA is remiss in thier handling of evidence and facts.

If the letter you received has a list of attorneys for the court and apelants and groups who are "Americus Curiae" or as a freind of the court presenting evidence, this May be the letter you received.

Or it may be a stalling tactic?I suggest you read the BVA decisions online from the VA website, read post and communicate.

BTW I was stationed on a Cat 1 SAC base with alot of launches from b47's to B52's we practicaly breathed JP depending on which way the winds blew, So far I have skin conditions but no cancer Yet..

Arch Sgt. USAF SAC 8th Airforce

Also, my claim is for exposure to JP-4 and consists NHL,migraines,seizures, and brain tumor. Just recently I was diagnosed with a rare tumor (syringamatoid eccrine carcinoma) on my scalp with possible lymph node involvement. I'm having surgery this week for that and then skin grafts and blood vessels replaced on my head 2 weeks after if no further complications.

Should I submit this info to the VA? I've read on this site that they use this new evidence as a way of changing the effective date. Can you give any more info on which doctor to get a 'nexus' letter from?

I know some of you have already addressed some of these issues but I am a little overwhelmed and confused right now,so if you could try to explain it again I would appreciate any input.

Thank You

An independent medical opinion from a private doctor can do wonders for a claim- it can support,in some cases- with the SMRs, as well as all medical records, -a 'likely as not or more likely than not' service nexus, and certainly help you to get a proper rating.

I always advise Dr. Bash- check him out in BVA decision and at:

http://www.veteransmedadvisor.com/about.html

His fee depends on many factors.

You can ask your VA doctor for a letter to support your claim-you have to sign a statement saying you understand this does not necessarily mean your claim will succeed.

that info was at hadit some time ago as to getting a VA IMO.

PS- Nexus- is the link to your service-

often this takes more than a medical opinion-if this is not in your SMRs then it will take buddy statements or other info in your service records to support-proof-

such as your MOS exposed you to chemicals-

(an MOS on a DD 214 often does not reflect what a person did in service)

details as to how that occurred, etc is what they will need.

An AO vet (Guam) by virtue of his detailed account of his MOS and handling of AO was given SC for AO Guam by the BVA recently.

Send , in support of your claim, copies of anything new that happens-

attach it to a cover letter to identify your c file number and which claim it is for.

Often a medical signed discharge summary statement for surgery or hospitalization will cover most of the info VA needs.

Edited by Berta

Guest frank
Hey experts,

Thank You

hi, I AM NO EXPERT AS A MATTER OF I AM NEW TOO, WHAT CAUGHT MY EYE IS UNDER THIS NEW ACT OF CONGRESS, THAT APPLIES TO 7 STATES WHO WERE WERE DENIED IN THE PAST CAN REOPEN CLAIMS EVEN IF YOU WERE DENIED YOU DO NOT HAVE IN THE STATE THAT INCLUDES THESE STATES LETTERS A BEING SENT OUT TO ALL VETS I GOT MINE YESTERADAY, CHECK THIS OUT ON VA WEB PAGE UNDES THIS LAW YOU CAN OPEN NEW CLAIM HOPE THIS HELPS YOU FRANK

• HadIt.com Elder

Deano

That is part of the Duty to Assist requirement the VA has to obey. If I had any evidence I had not yet submitted I would send it in pronto. You could add a statement that this is all the evidence you have and that you want the VA to go ahead and make a decision on the evidence you provide. If you have any doctors who have records you want the VA to see that they don't know about give them that information. This is not a trick. This letter you got is due to the fact the VA used to make decisions without having all available evidence.

Deano,

If you have seen any additional doctors or had any treatments since your Nov 2005 claim began - by all means go get copies of it all and submit it.

OMO,

carlie