Rate this question

Scottyp65

Question

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I would just dress like I always do if I were you. Bring any new evidence you have. I would also bring a significant other if possible to testify how your disability affects you. Do you have a service officer helping you on the claim. I have been to a DRO Hearing . It is very informal but is recorded on tape. Bring any records or evidence you think will help you claim.

Scotty- I hear you on the anger part-

I had to send my DRO her job description from M21-1-she messed up so bad-

if I had a hearing it would have involved telling these people how to do their job.

Plus I probably would have cursed a lot-

However- veteran- you might get a disabled vet DRO-

you might get someone who has enough VA experience to actually be helpful to you.

There is nothing beter sometimes than one-to one-and if you bring a folder with your issues and copies of evidence in it-and make sure they focus solely on your claim and the evidence-

it will be over soon and not as bad at all as you think it might be.

Your SO or vet rep- if they have offices in the VARO should be with you if possible.

You will be ready by the time the hearing is due.

I suggest that whenever a vet goes to a hearing not only do they need to maintain focus on their evidence that supports the claim but also be firm on what rating they expect.

One needs to have complete confidence in themselves and their claim-and remember- your service put them into their GS jobs.You have the right to expect their full attention and comprehension of your evidence.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

• In Memoriam

Scotty --

Limit the evidence to 20 or fewer pieces, since more might confuse the DRO, I make copies of these so he can review them. I also make my argument concistent with these exhiits {E.g., "You can see, in Exhibit 11, tghat ,,,,:. Kee it brief, and keep it simple.

Alex

For the weekly update:

Called and was informed the DRO reviewed the package and had it sent to a rater/s. The package was returned from the rater to the DRO. The next step is to have it ajudicated. Which can be a longer process than the DRO part of it, as told by the person on the phone.

... So is there a chance the review will not invole a hearing??

Slightly confused on this end.