Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Muskogee Va Regional Office

Rate this question

mistercee32

Question

I called the VA Houston Regional Office to check on my two claims today. I was told by the call center rep. that my claims were sent out to the Muskogee Regional office to be worked on. Has anyone heard any good or bad things about how this office works claims?

68musang

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

I called the VA Houston Regional Office to check on my two claims today. I was told by the call center rep. that my claims were sent out to the Muskogee Regional office to be worked on. Has anyone heard any good or bad things about how this office works claims?

68musang

That is where my claims go and I have won 2/3 claims with them including IU, the turnaround for my IU claims was six months from claim to decision.

• HadIt.com Elder

Haven't had any comp claims with Muskogee. Did have my son's DEA claim with them and it went thru like clockwork, took about 3 weeks.

Considering the number of people that live in the Muskogee Region as opposed to, say, the Houston Region, Muskogee should be quick, but, then, that depends on whether they have enough staff to counteract the difference in possible claims.

I do feel that you will get a fair shake from them (I was born and raised about 13 miles from Muskogee and probably know half the people that work there)!

"It is cold and we have no blankets.

The little children are freezing to death.

My people, some of them, have run away to the hills, and have no blankets, no food; no one knows where they are-perhaps freezing to death.

I want to have time to look for my children and see how many of them I can find.

Maybe I shall find them among the dead.

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired; my heart is sick and sad.

From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever."

Chief Joseph

Haven't had any comp claims with Muskogee. Did have my son's DEA claim with them and it went thru like clockwork, took about 3 weeks.

Considering the number of people that live in the Muskogee Region as opposed to, say, the Houston Region, Muskogee should be quick, but, then, that depends on whether they have enough staff to counteract the difference in possible claims.

I do feel that you will get a fair shake from them (I was born and raised about 13 miles from Muskogee and probably know half the people that work there)!

Thanks Larryj and navydoc2 for the response. I hope everything goes well.

68muatang

Brothers and Sisters:

It's good to hear you'll get a "fair shake" in Muskogee. For seventeen years, the Oakland RO has been difficult and a challenge. They seem to "dismiss" any claim out of hand in Oakland. So, when ever I see it transfered, my hope goes up.

My most recent claim was decided in Chyenne Wyoming, and it went through with out a problem. This one is in Muskogee. The status in "e-benefits" reflects "VSO recommended a rating decision" and it's under review.

I hope it's soon; and I feel comfortable it will get approved, as my SMR is littered with entries for 5 years on Active Duty, and 17 afterwards. To boot my ENT made entries stating "which in my opinion has led to...".

I will let you know.

PJ

Hello all, I am new to Hadlt.com, so take it easy on me.

Here is my story. When I was preparing for my retirement from the service, I was told by a VA rep that was at the retirement breifing that was mandatory for retirees at FT. Hood, TX that I had to attend. They stated that I could do a quick claim for my SC disiabilty and process the claim out of WACO, TX. Well, I scheduled my VA exam with VA medical examiner on base, had the exam and turned in my complete medical file to the VA office on base on 12 DEC 11, they assigned me a VFW Rep as the POA of my claim because I was going to be relocating back to Atlanta, GA as my place of residence. About a week later I recieved a letter from the WACO RO stating that they have recieved my claim and will start processing it. Well in the mean time I signed of for Ebenifits to track my claim. Upon looking at Ebenifits it stated that my claim has been transfered to Salt Lake City, Utah RO. Not understanding what that meant, I contacted my VFW Rep and asked why did my claim get transfered to utah? He stated that waco was backed up and needed to transfer my claim because it was a quick claim and needed to get worked.

Thinking that was ok, I statrted to prepare for my terminal Lv on 22 Feb 12 to head back to ATL, Ga. While on my transition Lv I checked Ebenifits and it stated that my claim was in the "Gathering Info Stage" and still is to this date. Also it stated that my claim was recieved on 1 Jun 12 and that the processing time would be from 8 Dec 12 to 7 Mar 13. BUMMER it is a quick claim, why so long?

My question is, has anyone ever dealt with the RO in Salt Lake City, Utah? And is those processing time sound about right? Since my claim was recieved by them on 1 Jun 12, would I be expecting retro pay from that date to completion? I am just trying to get some info on Utah's RO and should I be looking to get screwed by them.

Sorry for the long post, I am new to this.

Thanks to that reply.