Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Is Supplemental Sdvi Costly?

Rate this question

cowgirl

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Just curious if someone could toss an example of how much (ballpark wise) this 'extra' $20,000 insurance is for a IU p&t vet. Thanks bunches.

Cg'up2009!

(still no 'eee' in 'whoop' - soon?)

For my children, my God sent husband and my Hadit family of veterans, I carry on.

God Bless A m e r i c a, Her Veterans and their Families!

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Look it up. The reason I say that is, it depends upon your sex and age.

You can access the info from the va.gov site.

I have it, and it costs just a little, I don't even know how much, 'cause I never see it......comes right out prior to my Direct Deposit on the first of each month.

"It is cold and we have no blankets.

The little children are freezing to death.

My people, some of them, have run away to the hills, and have no blankets, no food; no one knows where they are-perhaps freezing to death.

I want to have time to look for my children and see how many of them I can find.

Maybe I shall find them among the dead.

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired; my heart is sick and sad.

From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever."

Chief Joseph

• HadIt.com Elder
Just curious if someone could toss an example of how much (ballpark wise) this 'extra' $20,000 insurance is for a IU p&t vet. Thanks bunches.

Cg'up2009!

Hi cowgirl,...Isn't the view great from up here..... VA Pamphlet 29-9 " Service Disability Insurance RH Information and Premium Rates" has the monthly rates and ages. At 38 yo it would be deducted from your monthly comp check at a rate of aprox $10.20 per mo. At age 48 yo, the rate would be $20.40 per mo. At age 58 yo, the rate would be about $44.20. This is for a 5 year term policy. Questions; phone 1-800-669-8477... on the web @ www.insurance.va.gov.

"it shall be remembered"...

"We few"

"We happy few"

• HadIt.com Elder

View? up here? Are you wearing those cute heels again? shh, won't tell a soul, your secrets safe with me.

Thank you I did look at VA Pamphlet 29-9 - the total on the right column is PER $1,000.00 of insurance is er, steep.(maybe thats what ya meant?up :)). Think I'll apply for waivered 10,000 - but can't afford payments for the other $20,000.

Hey, thats right, I still look 38. Still young, when I was in sixth grade (11-12yrs) hubby was a sophomore wit a car!

Hi cowgirl,...Isn't the view great from up here..... VA Pamphlet 29-9 " Service Disability Insurance RH Information and Premium Rates" has the monthly rates and ages. At 38 yo it would be deducted from your monthly comp check at a rate of aprox $10.20 per mo. At age 48 yo, the rate would be $20.40 per mo. At age 58 yo, the rate would be about $44.20. This is for a 5 year term policy. Questions; phone 1-800-669-8477... on the web @ www.insurance.va.gov.

For my children, my God sent husband and my Hadit family of veterans, I carry on.

God Bless A m e r i c a, Her Veterans and their Families!

• HadIt.com Elder

Cg'up2009!

when you can't buy any other insurance due to medical issues it's the only game in town since I have a medical condition that is less than average life expectancy of 10 years it seemed prudent to buy it to help my wife pay some bills 30,000 is better than 10,000 there is a bill to raise the 10,000 to 50,000 and raise the additional insurance we can buy I just wonder if it's ever going to get passed.... they take about 50 bucks a month

Edited by Testvet

100% SC P&T PTSD 100% CAD 10% Hypertension and A&A = SMC L, SSD
a disabled American veteran certified lol
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."

• HadIt.com Elder
View? up here? Are you wearing those cute heels again? shh, won't tell a soul, your secrets safe with me.

Thank you I did look at VA Pamphlet 29-9 - the total on the right column is PER $1,000.00 of insurance is er, steep.(maybe thats what ya meant?up :)). Think I'll apply for waivered 10,000 - but can't afford payments for the other $20,000.

Hey, thats right, I still look 38. Still young, when I was in sixth grade (11-12yrs) hubby was a sophomore wit a car!

That's okay, when my wife was in the 6th grade..............I was saluting somebody, somewhere..........

"It is cold and we have no blankets.

The little children are freezing to death.

My people, some of them, have run away to the hills, and have no blankets, no food; no one knows where they are-perhaps freezing to death.

I want to have time to look for my children and see how many of them I can find.

Maybe I shall find them among the dead.

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired; my heart is sick and sad.

From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever."

Chief Joseph

Cowgirl...

IMHO the supplemental Life insurance is a bargain considering that hubbie is a disabled Vet. Yes, I understand if you cant afford it..

One alternative, if either you or your hubby is working, is to get more life insurance at work since most of the time group life is cheaper.

For me, I cant get cheaper insurance..the "regular" private insurance wont sell me insurance because I am disabled. I have to go for the high risk AARP kind, which is more expensive and has less benefits than the VA insurance.

Source: I used to be an insurance agent years ago.