Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Is This A New Tactic From Va

Rate this question

pacmanx1

Question

First letter I received was a SSOC and it stated in the closing: "We hope the above information is helpful."

Second letter I received was a partial increase of award and it stated in the closing: "We look forward to resolving the rest of your claim in a fair and timely manner."

I have received many letters from VA but none of them had these closing comments, am I just reading into nothing or is VA trying to make me feel they really care. I know they don't but just wanting to know if anyone else have received something like this.

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

sixthscents, The one claim VA granted was on appeal and they awarded me 10% effective 2004 but VA said there was no change in my pay because it didn't change my overall rating, That is why they approved it. They know and understand that it could be a very large retro check so they either want me to drop my claims or send it back to BVA and make me wait a few more years. Since my claims are on remand they are supposed to review the evidence and make a new decision but you know VA, they just want to send a SSOC and ship my file back to DC without doing anything. We will see, we will see