Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Losing My Cookies

Rate this question

Josh

Question

I am livid right now and hope writing takes away my deep anger. I sent in the completed form 9 by DHL and it was signed for by the Houston regional office. It was sent direct to my service officer and he has not replied or even let me know that he as got it in his hands. The deadline is this Friday and even when I called the phone number provided it has been changed.

The IRIS system was written and they indicated the Form 9 has not been filed and that I could lose the chance to file if the deadline passes.

Being in South America does not make it any easier to file a claim and when an SO does not at least act like the mail man he is that is a very serious problem... I just hope I do not have a heart attack thinking where is the information sent... What a cluster F...

If I lose th is claim because of a negligent VSO, somebody will pay.

Edited by Josh

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Greetings fellow Hadit Members,

After my original post, I sent the VARO IRIS system in Houston the DHL Waybill and then received notice this morning. The Houston VARO has received the Form 9. Yaaaaaayyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you all for being there in those dark hours of despair…

Big hug to all ((((((((((((((((((((((Hadit Members)))))))))))))))))))

Josh

More notes to all at the bottom. Again.. Gio and I thank you all for your concern and heartfelt support.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr. Black sent the following reply.

Mr. Hertrich: (From 4-11-2006)

Your VA Form 9 was received by VA on 04-04-06. It is now noted in our database as received.

Sincerely,

Paul R Black

Chief, Veterans Service Center

(3027) ß Note for the records here on Hadit this must be his extension

As you all know the reason I got so livid is that I had received the following message.

Mr Hertrich: (from 4-10-2006)

No VA Form 9 has been received by VA to date. Please keep in mind that your service organization(VFW)is not VA. Even if they received the document timely it doesn't constitute timely filed with VA. It must be received by VA by the time allotted.

If we can be of further assistance feel free to call us at, 800-827-1000 or visit our website at, www.va.gov.

Sincerely,

Paul R Black

Chief, Veterans Service Center

(3027)

----------------------------------------------------------

Oh yes.. Berta, the information you have regarding Director Ursula Henderson 1-713-794-3661, 6900 Almeda Rd., Houston VARO is outdated as you guessed and I have no updated information for that individual… Hope you are doing well these days Berta.

Pete, as you suggested a person must keep their "eye-on-the-ball" no matter where or what the field of play. The package was signed for by mailroom clerk. ---

Railroader…did not need to resend the package this time… I was hoping that would not happen and it did not.. Thank the Great and Powerful Oz.

Bound for Heaven… One day we will meet as I hope that (Heaven) is where end my stay here. ;-)

Jlshand thanks for the input and as you can see from above he does have an extension noted there.

Edited by Josh

WHEW!!!! Glad we have the VA Iris query system!!!!

some replies are wrong but if you add more to your query and send it they usually get it right-

John- my local vet rep messed up 3 years ago- he told a vet he would file the I-9 and he didnt.

Then again he thought the BVA would SC the guy for a personality disorder.(yeah right)

He asked me to help and I interviewed the vet for 2 hours and went through his SMRs and med recs hoping to see evidence of potential PTSD claim.There was nothing to work with. The medical current diagnosis was PD anyhow.

I did suggest a HBP - heart disease claim- that was plenty in the SMRs to support HBP-plenty-but the vet rep went with a re-open on the PD claim.

I guess they didnt tell him in vet rep school that PDs are not serviceconnectable but the PD diagnosis can someimes be wrong.