Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Diagnosed Bi Lateral Neuropathy

Rate this question

OnRiver

Question

In my Comp Exam examing physician states that many va examinations from differant Dr. showed bilaterial neuropathy however diagnostic testing results emg? didn't support it. Am I to believe that all these Drs, are wrong because a test from a machine didn't support it. The CE Dr. said "certainly examinations as well as this one confirm" Anybody had similar experiences?

Thanks

Frank

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Sometimes the VA has their collective head up their asses. If a MD has diagnosed you than that should be enough.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

• HadIt.com Elder

The nerve conductivity test does not show neuropathy all the time. That is why a neurologist does a physical exam with pin pricks etc. I think the VA is just looking for an excuse to deny.

The nerve conductivity test does not show neuropathy all the time. That is why a neurologist does a physical exam with pin pricks etc. I think the VA is just looking for an excuse to deny.

Thanks

the pin prick test etc. was done by 2 neorologist, a podiatrist and primary phsyician all saying the same thing. Plus he said he did one and he didn't really but he said he did and found numbness etc. basically he wrote what the others did. The exasperating factors are that I am in pain and can't walk well sometime I just have to sit down.

after reading the replys I contacted one of the neuroligst and she said that the machine does not always show neuropathy and that my diagnosis from them should be more than enough for compensation. Thanks

Onriver, it's true that emgs often do not show evidence of neuropathy, nerve impingement, or radiculopathy. I am currently in appeal for the same conditions. I was denied because a "doctor" who "supposedly" examined my claim file said I had none of these. She said this even though I have evidence(physician treatment records in my claim file) that state this is my diagnosis.It always amazes me how flimsy a case the VA makes to deny our claims and still expect us to accept these denials with no rebuttal.

Pearl