Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

File For Higher Compisation

Rate this question

jusbowl

Question

I have been a 40 percent service connected since 1990 and just recently requested an evaluation for a higher rating. Can my rating be lowered as well? Is there something I can do to help the results?

Thanks

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

If you've been 40% since 1990 the VA WON'T lower your rating but to get an increase you will have to show by medical evidence that your condition has become more disabling. Have you cross-examined the rating schedule as compared to your symptoms and progression of your condition? This is very important since the VA will follow the rating schedule guidelines in evaluating your disability.

What is your service connected condition?

Jerr

I have been a 40 percent service connected since 1990 and just recently requested an evaluation for a higher rating. Can my rating be lowered as well? Is there something I can do to help the results?

Thanks

Edited by jerrbilly

• HadIt.com Elder

Be honest and the facts are that you can be raised lowered or left the same. The upside if you have not gotten better they will probably keep it the same or raise if it fits their guidelines.

If you have any records that show worsening in your condition take them with you and show the examiner. They are supposed to review them but they don't sometimes and sometimes they miss critical evidence.

Jerr