VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Pva Vs Legal Help For Veterans

Rate this question

autumn

Question

looking for pros/cons opinions regarding going with "legal help for veterans" or the PVA.

lh4v gets 20% i hear. pva gets nothing. i'm just not sure pva will fight very hard.

really could use some insight into this so i can make an informed decision.

• Answers 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Commander Bob and TestVet,

LH4V comes highly recommended and they are well versed in VA law. They would stay on top of things whereas, due to MS i'm forgetful and stuff, so i need someone that would stay on top of if. Versus, say, -sorry vet, next case...-.

so tired of getting shafted.

You're right about family, what kinda price can one put on that! i gotta think about these things...

keep hangin on TestVet and best of luck with that

• HadIt.com Elder

Ask you prospective rep if they have won many CUE claims. If they look at you like you are crazy then move on. Many VSO's do more harm than good. Yes, I would hire a lawyer for any claim that is going to be a burden on me, or require high level appeals, briefs, etc. If the lawyer wins you ten years of retro then they are worth the money. Some claims are going to be won, but the VA just stalls. Some are 50/50, and some really require a legal eagle. If you can't understand the issues and regulations as they relate to your claim then hire a lawyer. I think most of us know when we are getting screwed, but it sometimes takes expert help to prevail over the Dark Empire.

i'll ask about the CUE, thanks.

screwed? no doubt, absolutely no doubt.

i don't have the mental expertise to manuever through all the paperwork burden. have medical expert opinion outside the VA that contradicts most of what they've diagnosed me with over the years.

oh well, you folks have given me enough to think about and make my mind up tonight.

thanks

Its a decision, but... PVA is one of the few VSO's I really trust. The others have good people too, but it is hard to sort the wheat from the chaff and a bad rep can kill a claim. I would do the laywer if the claim was really going to be complicated - with VCAA briefs and precis etc.

i think so too. it wouldn't be complicated if the VA doesn't stonewall it or something. and my past experience with the PVA and two claims has left me really angry and disappointed.

• HadIt.com Elder
i think so too. it wouldn't be complicated if the VA doesn't stonewall it or something. and my past experience with the PVA and two claims has left me really angry and disappointed.

have you filed the claim and had it denied yet? now with the rules as they are you can get the lawyer as soon as the VARO denies it to handle the NOD you do not have to use a Veterans Service Organization anymore I don't know the law firm you are mentioning I found a lawyer thru the NOVA rep site I like the fact they have meetings thru out the year for education and if they need mentoring in between the people like Ken carpenter are a phone call away for them or an e mail away they have some of the best lawyers in the Veterans case law working with them

Laywers that do veterans work do it for justice for veterans, lets be honest they are not going to get rich getting 20% on cases that can take months and months if not years and years my case was 7 years old when it ended it took the lawyer from July 2007 until June 2009 2 years, even SSD cases get adjudicated quicker and the payout is usually larger or at least or most depending how you look at it they are capped at 5300 dollars so unless they are Binder and Binder doing tens of thousands of cases at once no one is getting rich doing car accidents pay better 40% of all settlements or medical malpractice make laywers rich like John Edwards VA case lawyers are not rich by any means to me they are like small country doctors that practice to help people....