Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Well, Got The White Envelop Today!

Rate this topic

blackbird

Well it's official now, I got the large white envelop today! It's still hard to believe that after 4 and a half years I finally got Serivice Conn. for my injury. As per a previous post I got;

20% effective May of 2004 to June 15, 2009 DDD, and radiculopathy (100% for the months of June 2007 and July 2009 following surgery)

60% effective Aug 1st 2009 on...... Due to IVDS.

The money was in the bank just 3 days after the AMC rep called me for more info! I couldn't believe it. They suggested I file the paper work for IU since I have been unable to work since 2000. I faxed that today to get that claim started.

It really hasn't sunk in yet. I'd be alot happier if all deserving Vets also got the benefits that they deserve too.

I can't thank you people at Hadit enough for your advice and encouragement. That's what has got me through this. Thanks to TBird for this site and a special thanks to Berta for her suggestion to get IMO and Buddy statements. It made all the difference.

The best advice I can give others is DO NOT GIVE UP!!! When you get negative rulings (and more than likely you will) just study the rules harder and read appeals cases and past post from Vets at Hadit. You'd be surprised at how much you'll learn. "It's easier to play the game when you know all the rules" I think that alot of the negative decisions are just to test you to see how bad you want compensation.

Thanks again, you people are the best!

Blackbird

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

"Thanks again, you people are the best!"

Well, of course! but, we knew that, didn't we, gang?

BTW, CONGRATS!

Berta is kinda neat, ain't she?

And, well, there can never, ever be another T-Bird! :(

Hip-Hip Hurrah!

Congratulations on your win over the bad, evil guys...

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use