Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Pending Reconsideration, Got A Letter From Va

Rate this question

pilgrim01

Question

Well, I got a letter in the mail yesterday from the VA and it stated: "We have requested an examination through a private medical facility in order to determine the current level of your disability. The private facility will soon advise you of the date, time......."

Am I reading into this, but to me, it seems that they are going to give me a rating, they just don't know what number to rate at? I had my exam when I retired in November 2008. I guess that was too long ago and my current back problem was not included in the exam.

Your thoughts?

Edited by pilgrim01

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

The prescription of neurontin may win your claim for you. Best to get a Doc to link your current dx to service.

Good Luck

Thanks, Pete.

My current doc did write a letter that was submitted with the RECONSIDERATION.

It stated: " Mr XXXXX had an MRI of his lumbar spine on March 10, 2009 which showed multi level lumbar disc protrusions causing bilateral foraminal stenosis at many levels and spinal stenosis at two levels. These findings are consistent with his complaints of lower back pain and right radicular leg pain that radiated to his right foot which he has had since July 2006. He had no previous MRI of his back. Attached are the X-ray and MRI findings. Please feel free to call me at XXXXX. "