Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Need Some Help With Form 21-674

Rate this question

tiso787

Question

It has been many years since i've been back to this board and i see many new faces and hadit had a face lift i see also, looks nice.

hope i'm in the right place though, God...is berta still here?

I have to re submit a form 21-674 REQUEST FOR APPROVAL OF SCHOOL ATTENDANCE for my daughter which graduated high school in march 2009 and started college in 1 sept 2009.

We all know that of course you have summer vacation between those dates. Q: do i start(line 11E)with march 2009(last day of high school) OR when she officially started college?.

My daughter also has what they call "work study". Q: is work studies considered as income (line 12)

How about 11F ENDING DATE OF LAST TERM, Q:would that be the same as 9C EXPECTED DATE OF GRADUATION (26may2013)?. OR is this on a yearly thing?.

I have one more question, then i'll leave you guys and gals alone...My daughter lives in the dorm at the college. she has a drop box address which i consider as a TEMP address. on my last form i put my address which is permanent(at the time it was permanent). Q: do i still use the permanent address or use the temporary address at her college on line 6 ?.

I could just call VA up but i received this on a weekend and holidays are approaching, who in VA actually works during holidays.

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder
It has been many years since i've been back to this board and i see many new faces and hadit had a face lift i see also, looks nice.

hope i'm in the right place though, God...is berta still here?

I have to re submit a form 21-674 REQUEST FOR APPROVAL OF SCHOOL ATTENDANCE for my daughter which graduated high school in march 2009 and started college in 1 sept 2009.

We all know that of course you have summer vacation between those dates. Q: do i start(line 11E)with march 2009(last day of high school) OR when she officially started college?.

My daughter also has what they call "work study". Q: is work studies considered as income (line 12)

How about 11F ENDING DATE OF LAST TERM, Q:would that be the same as 9C EXPECTED DATE OF GRADUATION (26may2013)?. OR is this on a yearly thing?.

I have one more question, then i'll leave you guys and gals alone...My daughter lives in the dorm at the college. she has a drop box address which i consider as a TEMP address. on my last form i put my address which is permanent(at the time it was permanent). Q: do i still use the permanent address or use the temporary address at her college on line 6 ?.

I could just call VA up but i received this on a weekend and holidays are approaching, who in VA actually works during holidays.

Just give the form to your daughter. Tell her to take it by the GI Bill co-ordinator (or whatever they call the person that takes care of VA/GI Bill claims) at the financial aid office at her school. They have vast knowledge in how to take care of this and will fill this form out and FAX it in to the correct office at the Veterans Affairs.

• HadIt.com Elder

Okay, I'm going to answer your questions the way that you asked them. Please bear in mind that some of us have done this before (had kids receiving chap 35 DEA benefits) and we try to explain to folks the EASY way to do things. Okay?

hope i'm in the right place though, God...is berta still here? Yes, Berta is still here.

We all know that of course you have summer vacation between those dates. Q: do i start(line 11E)with march 2009(last day of high school) OR when she officially started college?. The date she officially started college.

My daughter also has what they call "work study". Q: is work studies considered as income (line 12) No. Not unless her money from her work study generated an IRS wage and earnings statement.

How about 11F ENDING DATE OF LAST TERM, Q:would that be the same as 9C EXPECTED DATE OF GRADUATION (26may2013)?. OR is this on a yearly thing?. And, here is why you have been advised to just let the school financial aid dept. fill out the form. Because, this form generates OTHER forms that must be filed by her school, attesting to her attendance and gpa. So, best to just let the school fill out ALL the correspondence, that way the school and the VA KNOW that everything is filed, and filed correctly. The school has to account for the student as having been enrolled and making satisfactory progress each semester.

I have one more question, then i'll leave you guys and gals alone...My daughter lives in the dorm at the college. she has a drop box address which i consider as a TEMP address. on my last form i put my address which is permanent(at the time it was permanent). Q: do i still use the permanent address or use the temporary address at her college on line 6 ?. That answer depends upon where you want the monthly check to appear. Either at her dorm or at her mom's. See, they (the VA) kinda looks at this monthly DEA check as BELONGING to the student, especially if they are grown up enough to be going to college. Sometimes the VA will even refuse to speak to the parent(s) over the phone, if, for example, you call Muskogee VARO. This form is, after all, for and about the student and THEIR schooling as a benefit entitlement for being the dependent of a disabled veteran who is not able to provide adequately for the dependent due to being disabled. The check will have the student's name on it.

Edited by LarryJ

Thank you so so much Larry, you have been most helpful. but i'm going to send the form with my daughter so the school can fill it out, as you stated concerning OTHER paperwork involved.

As far as the GPA i have no worries, she was among the top 18% of applicants the college selected this year.

and again thank you.

:) :) :)

• HadIt.com Elder
Thank you so so much Larry, you have been most helpful. but i'm going to send the form with my daughter so the school can fill it out, as you stated concerning OTHER paperwork involved.

As far as the GPA i have no worries, she was among the top 18% of applicants the college selected this year.

and again thank you.

:) :) :)

You are welcome.

Sounds like you are blessed with a "good girl"! Anymore, if we can just get 'em to see the importance of getting a good education, keep 'em off drugs and out of jail, we've really done something.

Our son just got through talking to Momma on the phone, he's flying in around noon tomorrow. He'll be starting his last semester of his masters degree when school starts back up in January. He told his Momma that, once again, he's maintained a 4.0 GPA. The state of Louisiana has been wonderful to him and together with his VA benefit (DEA) and his scholarships and grants and his associate professorship (he teaches at the university as part of his degree program), he has managed to actually be able to save some money, put aside for his immediate needs after graduation. I've been trying to get him to consider his doctorate but, he's ready to get out into the Big World, and he's kinda tired of school, so, we just have to hope that he does well, but, like your daughter, and all the other kids that we all have, I'm sure that he will turn out just fine.

Thank G-d!