Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Interpreting Diagnostic Code On Scars

Rate this question

*Bergie*

Question

Can someone explain the 38cfr part 4 definition on scars D/C 7801. I have several surgical scars ranging from 1/2in to 4in on my body. How do I apply this to my scars, I believe I have 6 inches of scars in lenght but not 6 sq in, that seems like a large area?

Thank you,

Bergie

7801 Burn scar(s) or scar(s) due to other causes, not of the head, face, or neck, that are deep and nonlinear:Area or areas of 144 square inches (929 sq. cm.) or greater40Area or areas of at least 72 square inches (465 sq. cm.) but less than 144 square inches (929 sq. cm.)30Area or areas of at least 12 square inches (77 sq. cm.) but less than 72 square inches (465 sq. cm.)20Area or areas of at least 6 square inches (39 sq. cm.) but less than 12 square inches (77 sq. cm.)10Note (1):A deep scar is one associated with underlying soft tissue damage.Note (2):If multiple qualifying scars are present, or if a single qualifying scar affects more than one extremity, or a single qualifying scar affects one or more extremities and either the anterior portion or posterior portion of the trunk, or both, or a single qualifying scar affects both the anterior portion and the posterior portion of the trunk, assign a separate evaluation for each affected extremity based on the total area of the qualifying scars that affect that extremity, assign a separate evaluation based on the total area of the qualifying scars that affect the anterior portion of the trunk, and assign a separate evaluation based on the total area of the qualifying scars that affect the posterior portion of the trunk. The midaxillary line on each side separates the anterior and posterior portions of the trunk. Combine the separate evaluations under §4.25. Qualifying scars are scars that are nonlinear, deep, and are not located on the head, face, or neck.

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question